I love to go on Wikipedia, I checked the App World and all of them are paid, I don't think it should be paid for, are there any FREE Wikipedia apps that will NOT open it on the BlackBerry browser(sort of like the Wikipedia app on iPhone). I want it to also have pictures if possible. I tried the Mobile site and it is pretty bad, it turns it into several pages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 02:07 PM
    Bolt Browser has one in their Web Apps, from the main menu when you open the browser.
    08-17-10 02:36 PM
    Bolt Browser has one in their Web Apps, from the main menu when you open the browser.
    Any apps though? I would really like an app rather than going on my browsers.

08-17-10 02:57 PM
    as far as i know there isnt an app, but opera mini has the link on the start up page as well
    08-18-10 03:01 AM
    Moving to 3rd Party Apps
    08-18-10 09:53 AM
    I just use the native browser, you can look up things on wikipedia/google/etc with it.
    08-18-10 11:08 AM
    There is a wikipedia app but I will have to track it down. I had one for a little bit...
    08-18-10 12:39 PM
    (repeat) post
    Last edited by redwanhuq; 08-18-10 at 03:00 PM.
    08-18-10 02:55 PM
    So there's 3 different Wikipedia sites you can access on your BlackBerry.

The mobile version: mobile.wikipedia.com. The articles are sparse and lacking. You have to navigate page by page. Horrible.

The full site: en.wikipedia.org. Takes absolutely forever to load for long articles, requires a lot of zooming in.

The "other" mobile site: en.m.wikipedia.org. It's sort of an in-between. It has the rich photos, tables, graphs of the full site, properly organized and formatted for viewing on our phones, but it also loads very quickly. I ran into to it accidentally a few weeks ago. With this I don't even want an app. Once that webkit browser is available, I'll probably still use this. Enjoy!
    Last edited by redwanhuq; 08-18-10 at 03:00 PM.
    08-18-10 02:56 PM
    There is an old one with a link here:

Wikipedia for BlackBerry - Free BlackBerry software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

If you go to the original website you get:

"The software that was here was free and not supported at all, please do NOT email Jonathan with queries. Unless you want to hire him and give him money."

Who knows, the software may still work... have fun.
    08-18-10 03:05 PM
    So there's 3 different Wikipedia sites you can access on your BlackBerry.

The mobile version: mobile.wikipedia.com. The articles are sparse and lacking. You have to navigate page by page. Horrible.

The full site: en.wikipedia.org. Takes absolutely forever to load for long articles, requires a lot of zooming in.

The "other" mobile site: en.m.wikipedia.org. It's sort of an in-between. It has the rich photos, tables, graphs of the full site, properly organized and formatted for viewing on our phones, but it also loads very quickly. I ran into to it accidentally a few weeks ago. With this I don't even want an app. Once that webkit browser is available, I'll probably still use this. Enjoy!
    Thank you so much, the last site was fast and smooth at loading.

08-18-10 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD