just wondering if there is a blackberry app out there that could make the blackberry as a wifi hotspot? coz ive got alot of data to use as my mates dont have as much and i wouldnt mind sharing.

ive searched on google briefly with no luck but only seeing apps that will make it a wifi hotspot for windows mobile and the apple iphone
    03-08-10 07:20 AM
    I agree, does anyone know of any apps in the works for this? Is it even possible with a Black Berry
    09-02-10 10:00 PM
    I've actually done extensive searching into this, and as of now no. The best you can do is let your friends tether of your BB.
    09-02-10 11:17 PM
    Weird that there isn't such an app for BlackBerry... I'm not sure if it's possible, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 12:24 AM
    Yes, I've been considering the cheaper Kindle with wifi (no 3g) and thought it would be nice if the BB's data (3g) could be used with it if there were no wifi for either of them. But I'd think the kindle would need an app like tether and I don't think kindle does apps.
    09-03-10 09:03 AM
    Just got the new 3G Kindle and it's great! Fortunately, I also have a MiFi, so I'm good to go on the road.

Even if the BB could be used as a hotspot (rumored to be included in the Storm 2 refresh), the MiFi would still be a better choice for me. I also use it at home with a CradlePoint router so I don't need cable or DSL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 10:31 AM
    Don't know if Kindle has Bluetooth, but there could probably be a 2-part app (one on the server side, another on the client side) to make the BB into a Bluetooth "hotspot" so nearby friends can share your 3G connection. Probably difficult...
    09-03-10 06:30 PM
    You gonna try and make one LS? Cuz I already want to beta that one.
    09-03-10 11:29 PM
    No, it will take me at least 3 years to catch up with what's already on the to-do list . The authors of Tether would be in the best position since that's basically what it would be.
    09-04-10 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD