Like many people I was surprised to get a BlackBerry and find that the default email client is limited to basically an email pager. No IMAP folders, no HTML, no previous emails. I expected to be able to manage my emails, not just read and reply to the latest ones.

After having my BlackBerry for 4 months I'm positive there is no full email client that actually works. Tiggit has a nice feature list but is so buggy it's unusable. Same with LogicMail. And they both look like their UIs were designed by a developer, which I'm sure they were. A few misc "email readers" and utilities, but nothing substantial.

My question is, why? There are clearly enough people that want these features. A solid email client with the features every other platform has (e.g. iPhone) should make a killing. There isn't even an email category in the app store. Thousands of tiny utilities and duplicate apps that can't possibly be making decent money. Why hasn't anyone created a full email client yet and started ranking in the real money?
    05-28-10 08:28 PM
    LogicMail. Full IMAP with folders. Not free, but inexpensive. Unfortunately still no HTML.
    05-31-10 08:07 PM
    There is. It's called BES. RIM designs first and foremost for businesses and business users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 09:13 PM
    05-31-10 09:33 PM
    There is. It's called BES. RIM designs first and foremost for businesses and business users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    QFT

I think a 3rd party app would be where to look for something like this.

I'm on a corporate BES and I can do pretty well what I want with my mail.
    05-31-10 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD