I've Looked Everywhere On My BlackBerry And On The Internet (Including Here In The Forums) And Did NOT Find Anything On This.

This Is What I Know:
    1) They Are NOT Apps That Need To Be Updated (A New Version)
    2) They Are NOT Apps That Only Use DATA
    3) They Are NOT Apps That Are Only OTA
    ...................Anything?!?!?
    06-16-09 02:57 PM
    I believe, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that they're bolded to
    indicate that they are 3rd party apps that the user has installed on the phone.
    06-16-09 02:59 PM

yep thats what i was gonna say.. and you are correct
    06-16-09 03:01 PM
    You sir, are correct

P.H.A.D.E Why Are Some Apps On My BlackBerry Application List In BOLD Letters?!?!
    I've Looked Everywhere On My BlackBerry And On The Internet (Including Here In The Forums) And Did NOT Find Anything On This.

This Is What I Know:
    1) They Are NOT Apps That Need To Be Updated (A New Version)
    2) They Are NOT Apps That Only Use DATA
    3) They Are NOT Apps That Are Only OTA
    ...................Anything?!?!?
    Those are bolded because they are 3rd party apps you installed
    06-16-09 03:01 PM
    According to AG, seen here http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/bold-app-names-216461/, "It means the application permission is not set to default. It is really nothing to worry about."
    06-16-09 03:02 PM
    Hi guys,

Right now, there's a competition in full swing with 8 contenders trying to win this month's theme contest.

It's open to vote and it'd be nice to see some of you visit the polls!

Anyway, PLEASE PLACE YOUR VOTE! Voting ends at the end of the month...

enjoy!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/ju...-thread-248898
    06-16-09 03:05 PM
    Yes Of Course They Are 3rd Party Apps.........But I Have More 3rd Party That Are NOT In Bold, Why Are THOSE In Bold

Example 3rd Party Apps NOT In Bold That I Installed:
    Anagram
    Atomichelix Notify! Application
    Chronograph
    Etc...............
    06-16-09 03:06 PM
    Check post #5.
    06-16-09 03:09 PM
    According to AG, seen here http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/bold-app-names-216461/, "It means the application permission is not set to default. It is really nothing to worry about."

Are You Serious????
    I Did A Complete Search And Did Not Find Anything
    Well.......... Scr3am Thank You For The Answer!!!
    06-16-09 03:10 PM
    De nada, P.H.A.D.E. It happens. Glad I'm back on here, I'll have to say, I'll miss it when I go to the darkside (iPhone 3GS).
    06-16-09 03:12 PM
    sweet i didnt know that.. thanks for that.. does every app need permissions? usually i install themes and other apps but skip over the permission part. does this make the theme and apps run better?
    06-16-09 03:36 PM
    sweet i didnt know that.. thanks for that.. does every app need permissions? usually i install themes and other apps but skip over the permission part. does this make the theme and apps run better?
    I don't believe it makes the programs run any better.
    06-16-09 03:38 PM
    I don't believe it makes the programs run any better.
    kk thanks.
    06-16-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD