In another post there is a question of which app you like. From this six tools is mentioned a lot.
    So why is it so good, what are people it using for?
    04-04-11 12:58 AM
    Ability to lock the orientation of the screen(or unlock when docked/cradled), all 3 soft keys on the side as well as the mute key on the top can be set to anything you want them to be. You can show the startup video on every startup, not just the first load of an OS. Slider sounds(open or closed). Holster sounds(in and out). Graphical as well as percentage battery meter. A low battery indicator. Dismiss the popup when you plug in the USB.

I think that just about covers it. Overall in my opinion its a must have app for any device running OS6, but more so for the torch.
    BB Musketeers likes this.
    04-04-11 08:36 AM
    +1 Good summary.
    04-04-11 03:28 PM
    +1 awesome app
    04-04-11 08:36 PM
    I like it cuz it adds 3 more convenience keys. The battery indicator is cool too, but other apps do that. But I'm not a torch user. If I was, I'm sure I'd find it indispensable for the orientation lock.
    04-04-11 10:12 PM
    I like it cuz it adds 3 more convenience keys. The battery indicator is cool too, but other apps do that. But I'm not a torch user. If I was, I'm sure I'd find it indispensable for the orientation lock.
    To me the point is, one app that does what you want or several different separate apps. Easy solution for me. Of course for me its not all about the apps(i could really care less about the millions or thousands of apps on the other platforms) as long my device does what I need it to do, and the more space for other things the better. instead of filling the phone up with apps.
    04-05-11 07:50 AM
    Loveee this app ! Worth it just for the Orientation Lock alone so my screen doesn't flip when using themes that weren't made to flip...easy peasy click of a button
    04-05-11 12:08 PM
    Hey guys... I have a torch 9800

I downloaded 6tools mainly for the orientation lock.. but apparently it has to be re-done (selecting the orientation lock so it won't tilt always) every time I lock/unlock my phone.

Is this true? Or am I doing something wrong?

Ideally I want my phone to ONLY tilt sideways for youtube vids.. nothing else!

help is appreciated plz/thx <3
    06-03-11 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD