You should only get that message the first time you try to make a connection when you open the browser.

There is a fix, however. Exit opera, then go to options, security options, firewall, and enable.

Now run opera again. The first time you try to make a connection you should get a different message than the low-level message. Check all of the boxes, especially the one that says do not ask me again. Now, every time you open up opera you should not receive any messages.
    That didn't work the notification still pops up every time I launch and there are no boxes to check. is there any other way to disable the box?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 01:21 PM
    That is the biggest complaint, from what I have heard, that you have to manually show the keyboard. Unfortunately, there is no quick fix other than clicking the BB button.

Why did we end up with a name so close?
    07-05-09 02:03 PM
    I can't copy and paste on mine. Doesn't give me the option?

Is there any way to make it where when you click on a link in an e-mail where it will come up on Opera instead of the default browser? I have actually been copying the link and opening opera and pasting it and it is faster that way.
    07-05-09 06:18 PM
    Hey all,
    I tried searching first so don't flame me. I lost my browser and can't figure out how to get it back. Help me PLEASE!!!!

07-05-09 06:31 PM
    Hey all,
    I tried searching first so don't flame me. I lost my browser and can't figure out how to get it back. Help me PLEASE!!!!

Lmao.....de ja vu
    07-05-09 06:33 PM
    Why did we end up with a name so close?
    Thatsjustweird
    07-05-09 06:35 PM
    Hello, is this thing on?

Lol, jk
    But to answer the question of the OP:
    The rim browser is hosted by rim servers and routed to you via your carriers network. Those servers host other things as well.

Opera browser is hosted the same way, but its a dedicated server to run only the browser. And it houses some additional functions that normally the browser app is responsible for so its that much more "done" when it hits your phone, vs the rim beware which needs to be rendered and loaded and such all on the device.

Sorry If someone explained this already, I got sidetracked with the "help me"hijacking going on.

07-05-09 06:40 PM
    Hello, is this thing on?

Lol, jk
    But to answer the question of the OP:
    The rim browser is hosted by rim servers and routed to you via your carriers network. Those servers host other things as well.

Opera browser is hosted the same way, but its a dedicated server to run only the browser. And it houses some additional functions that normally the browser app is responsible for so its that much more "done" when it hits your phone, vs the rim beware which needs to be rendered and loaded and such all on the device.

Sorry If someone explained this already, I got sidetracked with the "help me"hijacking going on.

Nope they said it and you broke it down! Appreciate it man
    07-05-09 06:56 PM
    Thanks for the breakdown patches. I didn't know the RIM server process. That explains a lot.

Sounds like they could offer a very fast browser with some tweaking.

07-05-09 09:24 PM
    Well also consider that rim might have a dedicated server just for browser tasks, and one for BIS, one for bes, one for BBM, etc. Om just has...om. But then again I know there are restrictions in place for data transfer. Truncation, file size limit, so maybe they have limitations in place for browser as well. Its my hope that LTE eliminates the need for these limitations.

07-05-09 10:36 PM
    Loving Opera Mini.. Moreso than default and Bolt..

07-06-09 09:48 AM
    Loving Opera Mini.. Moreso than default and Bolt..

Gee, thanks for taking the time to post such valuable info!!! lol, jk. I'm glad you like it. Personally, I gots to have my clickin'z!

07-06-09 10:15 AM
    Sorry

The one benefit that om has is the server does more work, not the phone.
    Rim has servers just filtering and the device processes and renders. That's why it loads a page slower.

07-06-09 04:23 PM
    Deleter!!!!!!

07-06-09 04:26 PM
    Until I get click functionality, and don't have to manually open the KB, I'll stick with the BB Browser.
    07-06-09 06:13 PM
    I love this place

07-06-09 06:19 PM
    I love lamp

07-06-09 06:37 PM
    When I go into settings I can't change any of the checked items. I tried touching, pressing, nothing.
    07-06-09 07:08 PM
    When I go into settings I can't change any of the checked items. I tried touching, pressing, nothing.
    The easiest way to do it is:

Tip to get it done.

click show keyboard on setting screen. scroll down to bottom of page, then press letter U. you should see "clear cookies..." highlighted, then keep pressing U to move up to disable "auto-complete". When you have that highlighted, then click return button to uncheck box. DONE
    Doing it with your finger is a valuable skill for future usage btw. So practice

Last edited by catbertz; 07-06-09 at 07:20 PM.
    07-06-09 07:14 PM
    Lately I decided to download quickpull after holding off as long as possible: I love it. Today I downloaded opera mini and MAN is there a difference in browsing! Its amazing how fast the browser is. It also does not lag up my phone! Opera and quickpull have solved my two main functionality issues. I highly recommend opera mini browser! Any way, why exactly is it faster? Because less people use it?
    I had opera mini and had to uninstall it .... Was not storm friendly

07-06-09 08:39 PM
    Completely disagree. Love opera mini.

07-06-09 08:50 PM
    The easiest way to do it is:

Doing it with your finger is a valuable skill for future usage btw. So practice

Actually it's T not U that works.
    07-07-09 09:16 AM
    Lol at the people just now getting opera...but for some of u newbies if u hold ur finger gently along the screen...a menu will pop up allowing u to switch from mobile view to the full webpage...this is beneficial because some webpages look like crap on mobile view and u may need to switch to full i.e. Craigslist
    07-07-09 12:34 PM
    I have the opposite experience and do not like Opera Mini. Slow, hangs up , deleted it last week.
    maybe you downloaded the incorrect version?
    07-07-09 03:22 PM
    Actually it's T not U that works.

Weird that T works for you. I just tried T and it does not work. U does work on my phone *shrug*

07-07-09 05:14 PM
125 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD