Okay, so my friend has a lovely new android tablet preloaded with the lovely Skype. I was soooo exited that I could chat to her using my playbook. It was then I realized voice chat was playbook to playbook. AND with no Skype on the computer I cannot chat with her.
    I'm sure there's a thousand other reasons to have Skype on PlayBook that I can't think of but I'm love to hear them
    Last edited by kitten24901; 01-06-13 at 04:20 AM.
    01-05-13 03:58 PM
    AAHHH! Why! Can SOMEONE GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON WHY VOICE CHAT IS BETTER THAN SKYPE! Okay, so my friend has a lovely new android tablet preloaded with the lovely Skype. I was soooo exited that I could chat to her using my playbook. It was then I realized voice chat was playbook to playbook. AND with no Skype on the computer I cannot chat with her.
    I'm sure there's a thousand other reasons to have Skype on PlayBook that I can't think of but I'm love to hear them.
    There are a thousand other threads you could read to find them. We don't need another. The long and short of it is that your friend bought the wrong tablet. Tell your friend to complain to Android Central because it can't do BBM.
    Last edited by mapsonburt; 01-05-13 at 04:21 PM.
    01-05-13 04:09 PM
    please express your desire to skype. hopefully they are secretly working on something that will fit your needs. skype is not on playbook at this time. case closed.

try http://www.aol.com/av/ it is an alternative that will work with both tablets at this time
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    01-05-13 04:12 PM
    Here's some light reading (minimum 300 post worth ) for you from the Skype site - no answers there just questions. BB Users can't understand the reasoning either.

Re: Skype for BlackBerry PlayBook - Page 30 - Skype Support Network

Also, there are many forum postings on CB that discuss this as well. Just use the search function in the top right hand corner
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    There are a thousand other threads you could read to find them. We don't need another. Tell your friend she bought the wrong tablet because it can't do BBM.
    The problem is this person will say its RIMS fault their friend bought the wrong tablet. I'm with you on not needing anlther thread on Skype.

Bringing up the question of Skype should result in a weeks ban from CB.
    nappp likes this.
    There is no reason, but Skype is not available for BB devices because Skype doesn't want to devel this application for BB devices, that's all.

AND with no Skype on the computer I cannot chat with her
    Why? You can download the program for your computer and you'll have it.
    01-05-13 04:13 PM
    Well, it's my parents computer and they say it's too expensive
    Last edited by kitten24901; 01-06-13 at 05:55 AM.
    01-05-13 04:16 PM
    No webcam and they are too expensive
    $15 is too much, if I searched a bit further I'd find cheaper
    Amazon.com: Kinobo B6 USB Webcam for Laptop/LCD screen/Desktop 5 Megapixel + USB Microphone for Windows XP/Vista/7 Skype: Computers & Accessories
    01-05-13 04:26 PM
    No webcam and they are too expensive
    Actually for just chat a headset would be clearer with your computer, this $3 one would work Amazon.com: eForCity VOIP / SKYPE Hands-free Headset with Microphone, Black: Electronics
    01-05-13 04:31 PM
    The problem is this person will say its RIMS fault their friend bought the wrong tablet. I'm with you on not needing anlther thread on Skype.

Bringing up the question of Skype should result in a weeks ban from CB.
    amen!!!!
    01-05-13 04:48 PM
    Try reelportal.
    01-05-13 05:36 PM
    FaceFlow will soon suit your needs. It currently has Mac, PC, iOS and Android applications. They have confirmed that they will support BB 10. So, once BB 10 is available for the Playbook, your problem will be solved. Cheers. ~ecm

Edit: www.faceflow.com
    djenkins6 and kitten24901 like this.
    01-05-13 06:50 PM
    skype disciples will still complain, but you are right. face flow will be a great app
    01-05-13 07:11 PM