I think some of you are being overly harsh. Maybe Bellshare is a 12 person office with multiple developers, support staff, testers, web developers, php support board moderators, etc... or it may be a one-person operation who codes stuff in his/her spare time between family and work -- who develops/codes/researches/tests, supports several applications, handles email support and reads the boards when able.
    Overly harsh..not the case.
    If Bellshare consist of one person he or she needs to step up and truly support applications provided.
    I'm not trying to pick on this developer ,They build some of the best applactions but without true support apps are not worth a dime.
    BB developers treat there customer base terrible providing little to no support and it must come to a end
    Most of them build app ,support for a couple month then walk away leaving the consumer with half of what they payed for...Im not referring to Bellshare walking away..but they give that feeling.

I acknowledge that some of the comments are not without merit but to put it bluntly -- give him a break. If you look at all his other posts (he has 121 posts, just on this one board -- I consider CB one of the "big four"), isn't that reasonable support?
    Give him or her a break doesn't work.
    Support makes app better
    CB is great support forum but seen in majority of its threads questions asked go unanswered by developers which is why i'm asking Bellshare to step up.

Also, giving deadlines is generally asking for trouble. If you think there is complaining now, just wait until a projected release date is missed by one day. In the software industry (which I admittedly don't work in), no deadline is better than a missed deadline.
    Not providing info is big trouble ,I as many are not asking for deadlines ,Were asking for Developer to support their applications .
    Thats not to much to ask for ,Ive built many WM applications for free giving way better customer support.

(All the above is personal opinion, directed at no one in particular -- thanks for letting me have my say).
    If your post was directed to me I sincerely appreciate it.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-12-09 at 12:13 PM.
    05-12-09 12:08 PM
    You can't compare support from an individual doing free apps to commercial apps from a company... There's no red tape and you can do whatever you want.

If the company doesn't want to prioritize CS for certain apps, people can't force it, whereas an individual dev can do whatever he wants.
    05-12-09 12:23 PM
    You can't compare support from an individual doing free apps to commercial apps from a company... There's no red tape and you can do whatever you want.

If the company doesn't want to prioritize CS for certain apps, people can't force it, whereas an individual dev can do whatever he wants.
    Bellshares making a killing in sales ,It seems true support would be figured in the equation..I guess that's not the case or they dont care about customers wants and needs.
    I provided support on apps built for free because it was the right thing to do and didn't get payed for it.When it comes to red tape...did it with none of that green paper Bellshares sitting on.
    True Support is beneficial to seller and consumer.Selling something making it better using happy customer to do so is a win win.
    Most Blackberry developers lack that simple business knowledge so it seems.

I just want Bellshare to answer my question in post# 23 ,Its not to much to ask for
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-12-09 at 01:02 PM.
    05-12-09 12:52 PM
    Bellshares making a killing in sales ,It seems true support would be figured in the equation..I guess that's not the case or they dont care about customers wants and needs.
    I provided support on apps built for free..because it was the right thing to do and didn't get payed for it.
    True Support is beneficial to developer and buying.Selling something making it better using your happy customer to do is a win win.
    Blackberry developers lack that simple business knowledge so it seems.
    You think it's BB only? I would heavily disagree with that...
    If you say they are making a killing (which I'm not going to assume is true because I don't know their margins), yet also say they are not supporting it, I don't see the correlation to "True Support" = beneficial to buying.

Is everyone going to not buy the next, highly essential app they produce because of it? I seriously doubt it...

Matter of fact if I assume half the crap in this thread is true, the top selling apps "don't provide support". So theoretically developers shouldn't support apps if they want them to sell...
    Last edited by papped; 05-12-09 at 12:57 PM.
    05-12-09 12:53 PM
    You think it's BB only? I would heavily disagree with that.
    WM has their fair share of lazy developers...im not saying BB is the only one but BB has little to no support ,You come from WM so you know that to be fact.

If you say they are making a killing (which I'm not going to assume is true because I don't know their margins), yet also say they are not supporting it, I don't see the correlation to "True Support" = beneficial to buying..
    Simply freaking amazing ,You comes across tons of threads with BB users crying out for help from developers..wanting to know about bug fix , setting not working, features being added and when.
    When apps have a good name it sells more ,When consumers come across app with users pretty much left out in the cold there less likely to buy
    True Support = common sense

Is everyone going to not buy the next, highly essential app they produce because of it? I seriously doubt it.es consumer does shy away if apps not supported.
    Are those buying going to get true support from most BB 3rd party developers when things go wrong with app.. you know the answer to that of course.Why your defending their actions is beyond me but i respect your opinion.

Matter of fact if I assume half the crap in this thread is true, the top selling apps "don't provide support". So theoretically developers shouldn't support apps if they want them to sell...
    Developers can sell & support what they want ,I'm asking bellshare why they don't and expressing my opinion on why they should.
    If your not buying it so be it ,The question is still posed t bellshare hopefully to be answered.
    If they choose not to respond I guess we know how they feel about their customers when it comes to application support.

We sher know how you feel about Customer support -Its not really needed
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-12-09 at 01:42 PM.
    05-12-09 01:36 PM
    I'm not really defending their actions, since I can't because my experience isn't similar.

1) I didn't buy berryweather.
    2) I got A LOT of dev interaction on the Instango forums for quite some time.
    3) I posted a couple of ideas to improve BerryPopup and got both feedback + implementation.

So BerryWeather may or may not have no CS, not really saying it is or isn't true. Just saying that is not my experience with their products in general (which does seem to be the topic here).
    Last edited by papped; 05-12-09 at 01:43 PM.
    05-12-09 01:41 PM
    I'm not really defending their actions, since I can't because my experience isn't similar.

1) I didn't buy berryweather.
    2) I got A LOT of dev interaction on the Instango forums for quite some time.
    3) I posted a couple of ideas to improve BerryPopup and got both feedback + implementation.

So BerryWeather may or may not have no CS, not really saying it is or isn't true. Just saying that is not my experience with their products in general (which does seem to be the topic here).
    Pap ,I respect your opinion..one of the very few on AT&T thats f,sure lol

Bellshare builds some of the BEST..there some major bugs that need to be addressed and CB forums are their easy way out of providing full support..One of their Dev team pops in and out of thread every so often but that doesn't get job done ,Its the easy way out smoothing some user base over for a week which wears it self out pretty fast.
    You got hit from Bellshare on BerryPopup that's fantastic..im sure your not the only one yet doesn't excuse lack of CS on their behalf for everyone
    Application and support go hand in hand ,BB developers need to step up and provide it.If they want to blow it off it says a lot on how they do business.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-12-09 at 02:27 PM.
    05-12-09 02:20 PM
    I think they are probably lagging behind in regards to the other, newer apps.

i.e. Instango has an entire forum (not sure if smaller apps need an official forum though, like SmartAlerts, berrypopup, etc).

BerryWeather is larger though and probably could use one.
    05-12-09 02:27 PM
    I think they are probably lagging behind in regards to the other, newer apps.
    I agree yet doesn't excuse

i.e. Instango has an entire forum (not sure if smaller apps need an official forum though, like SmartAlerts, berrypopup, etc).
    BerryWeather is larger though and probably could use one.
    Berryweather is best app available to blackberry.Bellshare has taken weather to higher level surpassing competition by leaps and bonds.
    If they started up support forum membership would be pretty big ,If they throw Smart Alerts, berrypopup, etc apps into that mix they got grade A.
    Advertising pays for site ,Throw a couple mods experienced with app -Problem solvers.
    Customers will be smiling ear to ear believing in Developer..with that comes stronger apps increase sales everyone's happy

Bottom line,
    Communication with customer is key to success.

PS
    hehe just ask X sprint customers lol
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-12-09 at 03:17 PM. Reason: adding PS
    05-12-09 02:46 PM
    I didn't even realize they already have a support forum for Instango. Why not create new sub-forums for BerryWeather, BerryPopup, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather and SmartAlerts. Then all the updates, information, issues are in one location...rather than all over the CB and other forums.??
    05-12-09 03:23 PM
    Part of the problem would be that the other app forums would be on the Instango forums and site, which is pretty unintuitive.

They'd be better off making a generic Bellshare forum, rather than tacking it on to Instango.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 03:31 PM
    This morning I sent a message to the crackberry store from my purchased software page asking for a refund for Berryweather due to battery drain and lack of a fix. They promptly issued me a refund..I was impressed and quite satisfied.
    If you are unhappy with the app for a legitimate reason, go to your account and ask for a refund. maybe if the developer sees enough people are pissed, and have to issue refunds, they will give better support and fix broken apps, rather than sending an email acknowleging the problem but ignoring a solution.
    05-12-09 06:30 PM
    New version released, showing on Mobihand:

BerryWeather - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software
    05-14-09 08:11 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD