It seems like a while ago we heard about radar being included, however it has been a long time since any updates. What gives?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 03:30 PM
    A radar would be cool. I didn't hear about that.
    05-09-09 04:25 PM
    Radar? I have not heard of that for the weather app!

05-09-09 04:42 PM
    Did you try contacting the dev?
    05-09-09 05:06 PM
    They were beta testing the radar.

05-09-09 05:40 PM
    Meantime there are other ways to get a radar / sattelite image.

I use PDA Weather Products site ( univ. of wisconsin) Space Science and Engineering Center

Accuweather mobile ...

And others.

05-09-09 05:53 PM
    patience is a virtue.
    05-09-09 06:04 PM
    patience is a virtue.
    I wholeheartedly agree... However, how long would you suggest to wait and not ask as to when it will be included? I personally don't need the radar stuff.

It was reported here by "tellsells" http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...5/#post2133676 that the next iteration/release of the software would include the radar stuff by their support team.

That was v1.0.12 on 31.03. A couple of releases later and approx 6 weeks later there's still nothing there. I believe some of the folks may have purchased on the pre-text of radars being available at short-term.

(Edit : Forgot to mention that BerryPopup and SmartAlerts have been released since. So perhaps this is on a back-burner)
    Last edited by PDM; 05-09-09 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Edit
    05-09-09 08:22 PM
    patience is a virtue.
    Patience? Who has time these days for patience?
    05-09-09 08:42 PM
    I'm still trying to find out if they fixed the bug where the hourly forecast starts about 8 hours out. Not very useful at all. Waiting for developer to answer email on that one.

While I wait, does anyone know if hourly forecasts start within the hour yet?
    05-10-09 12:19 AM
    They have several apps going simultaneously so I'm sure they are all getting prioritized differently

05-10-09 03:57 AM
    You know for the price we paid for this app you would think that they would have more functions like weather bud does. It sucks not having the weather update to the city I am in.

05-10-09 11:17 AM
    You know for the price we paid for this app you would think that they would have more functions like weather bud does. It sucks not having the weather update to the city I am in.

Isn't that what the trials are for?

05-10-09 12:11 PM
    What I notice about BellShare is that, during private beta testing and first 3 days of launch, they are very responsive. But after that, you hardly hear from them and you hardly get updates to their products for bugs fix or enhancement.
    05-10-09 09:23 PM
    What I notice about BellShare is that, during private beta testing and first 3 days of launch, they are very responsive. But after that, you hardly hear from them and you hardly get updates to their products for bugs fix or enhancement.
    80% of blackberry developers play that same game "I don't care after I get your money"
    We start pointless threads on subject that take us no were getting nothing done about it ,Maybe its time for Crackberry store to step warning its customers before purchase that most BB developers fail to follow through.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-10-09 at 09:53 PM. Reason: 90 was a little harsh -changed to 80%
    05-10-09 09:40 PM
    They've taken my feedback for Instango from pre release beta all the way up to beta 2.1.x and have recently been taking feedback on BerryPopup which has been released for a while now.

So...

05-10-09 09:51 PM
    They've taken my feedback for Instango from pre release beta all the way up to beta 2.1.x and have recently been taking feedback on BerryPopup which has been released for a while now.

So...

Berrypop..great app .It has major flaw thats being ignored by Bellshare.
    BB is in magnetic holster ,message received ,pull bb out of holster pop up displays....any selection made in pop up doesn't work with screen freeze had taking user directly to inbox.
    The same was present with Arz and Peekawho.Ive sent all 3 developers emails on issue getting no response..i take that back..Arz stepped up for a little while that is.
    I did beta test for Arz a couple month ago trying to fix but he gave up after 2 weeks of testing.

You then got Berrybuzz "Led light wont turn off" threads floating on every BB site yet bellshare doesn't address issue...they turn their head away.

BerryWeather...I love the app yet its following the same berrybuzz train wreck support.

If BB 3rd party Developers gave us Bruce-Pocketmax like support this thread and many others like it wouldn't be around.
    For those unfamiliar with Pocketmax its a 3party WM developer that's one of the best ,Take a look at real support.
    pocketmax - Index
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-10-09 at 10:54 PM.
    05-10-09 10:05 PM
    I can say that its bad buisness for any dev to treat their customers this way, and that from here on out I refuse to buy any product from bellshare.

I spent 10 dollars on something I can get for free (weathereye).

05-10-09 10:13 PM
    I spent 10 dollars on something I can get for free (weathereye).

Whyd u do that? Lol. And if you don't like the trials, don't buy the apps... I don't get the "surprise" element

05-10-09 10:16 PM
    Just stumbled across this thread and wanted to give some response from the developers side.

After active beta testing we usually just collect feedback, so you will not see much response from our side. This does not mean we do not consider the feedback! There is a huge list of things our customers told us that are being worked on for all the apps!

We already did some bug fixes on the BerryWeather server side (Wrong advisories being shown, considering sunrise/sunset times for icons/widget background) and hope to have an update of the app itself with some more bug fixes soon.

Last but not least: BerryWeather will definitely be updated with radar support. It will just take some time. I think it is our obligation to deliver more than just a simple link to a radar website. BerryWeather took nearly 6 months to develop... Good things need time
    05-11-09 11:44 PM
    Just stumbled across this thread and wanted to give some response from the developers side.

After active beta testing we usually just collect feedback, so you will not see much response from our side. This does not mean we do not consider the feedback! There is a huge list of things our customers told us that are being worked on for all the apps!

We already did some bug fixes on the BerryWeather server side (Wrong advisories being shown, considering sunrise/sunset times for icons/widget background) and hope to have an update of the app itself with some more bug fixes soon.

Last but not least: BerryWeather will definitely be updated with radar support. It will just take some time. I think it is our obligation to deliver more than just a simple link to a radar website. BerryWeather took nearly 6 months to develop... Good things need time
    Are you addressing the well documented battery drain? Your company acknowledged in an email a few weeks ago, that the problem is being reported by Storm owners. Is it being addressed? I feel that when I buy a product, I should be able to use. Yes, that would be a great thing.
    05-12-09 05:52 AM

So, is that another 6 months, 3 months, 2 months, 1 month, 3 weeks, 2 weeks (ontop of the 7 odd weeks you've already had)? IF you have already commenced development then you should have a fairly good idea how much longer it will be...

Can we see anywhere on your website as to which bugs have been submitted and accepted; as well as what has been fixed for the next release?
    05-12-09 06:40 AM

BellShare available applications
    BerryBuzz
    BerryPopup
    BerryWeather
    SmartAlerts

Application Support questions every 3rd party developer should answer
    What time frame update will be available.
    What feature's will be added
    What fixes are being made
    How to use/Settings
    Bug report

pfluger ,The company you represent-Bellshare provides some of the Best ,most needed applications for Blackberry users in my opinion.
    More important then app is support for application and you have none...just email address leaving your customers with more questions after you've answered email which isnt support.

Why in the heck doesn't Bellshare have Support forum..something like Pocketmax pocketmax - Index available making Bellshare apps the best they can be keeping your customers truly happy for the long haul?

To make sure my above question gets answered by you-Bellshare I will email this thread link to Bellshare just in case you don't "stumble across" my question.
    If email sent to bellshare doesn't get to you Ive proven email support is total failure and that Bellshare has been neglecting its valuable customers.

I dont want question answered in email..I want it were all your valuable customers can see -This thread

Update,
    Email has been sent to Bellshare
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-12-09 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Update-Email sent
    05-12-09 10:16 AM
    I think some of you are being overly harsh. Maybe Bellshare is a 12 person office with multiple developers, support staff, testers, web developers, php support board moderators, etc... or it may be a one-person operation who codes stuff in his/her spare time between family and work -- who develops/codes/researches/tests, supports several applications, handles email support and reads the boards when able.

I acknowledge that some of the comments are not without merit but to put it bluntly -- give him a break. If you look at all his other posts (he has 121 posts, just on this one board -- I consider CB one of the "big four"), isn't that reasonable support?

Also, giving deadlines is generally asking for trouble. If you think there is complaining now, just wait until a projected release date is missed by one day. In the software industry (which I admittedly don't work in), no deadline is better than a missed deadline.

(All the above is personal opinion, directed at no one in particular -- thanks for letting me have my say).
    Last edited by Klotar; 05-12-09 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Edit: typos/grammar
    05-12-09 11:35 AM
    I think some of you are being overly harsh. Maybe Bellshare is a 12 person office with multiple developers, support staff, testers, web developers, php support board moderators, etc... or it may be a one-person operation who codes stuff in his/her spare time between family and work -- who develops/codes/researches/tests, supports several applications, handles email support and reads the boards when able.

I acknowledge that some of the comments are not without merit but to put it bluntly -- give him a break. If you look at all his other posts (he has 121 posts, just on this one board -- I consider CB one of the "big four"), isn't that reasonable support?

Also, giving deadlines is generally asking for trouble. If you think there is complaining now, just wait until a projected release date is missed by one day. In the software industry (which I admittedly don't work in), no deadline is better than a missed deadline.

(All the above is personal opinion, directed at no one in particular -- thanks for letting me have my say).
    All that being said, I believe slingbox has a point. Bellshare apps are pretty much the best sellers in the CB app store and I personally feel the lack of support and updates (not necessarily releases but just updated information) is a disappointment. A support forum is little to ask from a company that has probably sold hundreds of copies of berryweather ($10). And relying on Crackberry's forums is not ideal in my opinon.

However, I feel this is a problem with BB developers in general, no central location or means to an end of obtaining said information. If you want to know the latest version of X app you have to dig around for ever just to find it. I really wish that there was a central location (versiontrakcer.com?) that would keep everything in order...and don't bring up app world, that program is a joke.
    05-12-09 11:48 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD