Today is my final day evaluating the Bold 9930 (Verizon). I still have another 15 days with AT&Ts Torch 9810. Both are great BBs in there own right. I have notice a bit of screen freeze as some have complained about. Nothing that a battery pull didn't fix. While the 9930 has had none. Camera color saturation is better on the Bold, but sharpness goes to the Torch (especially with AF). My thumbs are a medium size, so either keyboard works well. The Bold edges out, but coming from a Storm 2 suretype is a breeze for me. Call quality and build are solid on both.

One thing that bugged me was the apps I lost in the transfer from my S2. Rhapsody, UPS, eBay, Wells Fargo not found on Torch, what gives? So I tried an experiment on appworld. I checked to see how many apps there were and to my surprise found that the Bold had 5450 apps and the 9810 had 2852. Is this a carrier or a device thing?
    09-02-11 03:10 PM
    Device thing. The Bold is the standard form factor and probably going to outsell the Torch by a wide margin, so app developers have focused on that device first. Different display resolution, so it needs a different version.
    09-02-11 04:51 PM
    Ah, Thanks for the info. I get it now.
    09-02-11 08:23 PM
    I hope the lack of apps get fixed soon. Isn't the keyboard better on the bold than the torch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 08:39 PM
    Hey its getting better by the day!
    09-02-11 08:46 PM
    I hope the lack of apps get fixed soon. Isn't the keyboard better on the bold than the torch?

IMO, The keyboard is way better on the Bold than the Torch. The Torch feels better in hand and I like having the options with the virtual keyboard. When comparing both units side-by-side, the Bold has a crisper and richer screen. The Torch's colors seem a little washed out, but sreen size helps with email, web sites and facebook.

People comlain that Apple makes only one device to suit everyones needs, while RIM makes many to give people choice. Neither are ever satisfied
    09-08-11 08:18 AM
    Go Bold. It's da bomb! I do miss not having my sports illustrated app. Hopefully that shows up before long.

09-08-11 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD