so i've occasionally seen some apps in my download folder with a generic box icon and listed as "archived". never knew why they were there so i just hid them. the "non-archived" app still works and is accessible in it's regular folder.

i was just setting up a convenience key button today and notice that in my list of apps it lists the regular apps but some apps also list the archived apps.

what are these archived apps, why are they there, and can i delete them?
    11-13-09 01:32 PM
    Archived apps are ones you installed through App World, then deleted directly from your BB. They were downloaded to your SD card when you installed them through App World.

The way to keep apps from showing up as "Archived" is to delete the apps through App World instead of deleting the app directly.
    11-13-09 02:14 PM
    ahhh - thank you!
    11-13-09 02:25 PM
    actually that's not entirely true. "Archived" apps haven't been deleted from the phone yet. You need to "delete" the app for it to be "archived," and then you need to delete it again for it to be completely removed from your BB.

For the ones that are truly gone from your machine it should say "uninstalled," NOT "archived" under the app in app world.
    11-13-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD