Interesting. I don't see an OS6 app for it. Do you get it to interface with your BlackBerry?
    02-06-13 06:28 PM
    Interesting. I don't see an OS6 app for it. Do you get it to interface with your BlackBerry?
    Not One Note unfortunately. You could probably drag the One Note notes over to your device or media card but I haven't seen it anywhere--and also, I'm on a 9810 so I'm using the OS 7.1.746 operating system. some what different and different apps. I'll look around to see if anything is out there and if so, post it. Meanwhile I highly recommend playing around with One Note for a while-you'll like it. Evernote seem more like what you are looking for though.
    02-06-13 07:32 PM
    In line with the original post, does everyone who claims it runs fast leave Evernote running in background of their phones? Or exit-relaunch everytime they need it?
    02-06-13 10:24 PM
    One Note is nice!
    Too bad it's not cross platform though.
    02-06-13 10:25 PM
    Thanks go1ndr. I'll look around too.

Sorry OP, didn't mean to side-jack your thread.
    02-07-13 07:41 AM
    Varadigm, I agree with you. The native MemoPad app on Blackberry is fast, simple and the search function is awesome.

Even though I am a huge Evernote user - I use it on my PC all day, every day - I find myself using MemoPad on my BB because it is so fast and easy.

Evernote on Blackberry is slow, mainly due to the fact that it does not sync all note content locally, nor allow you to do so. Thus, when you want to view or edit a note on Evernote, the app has to pull the note content down from the cloud every time.

The Evernote app needs to allow local storage and syncing of all notes locally.

As for signing in and out of the Evernote app, I would suggest either leaving the app running (if it doesn't kill your battery), or just "Exit" the app...don't "Sign Out".

Creating a new note in Evernote is fast, but I find myself editing and referencing my existing Evernote notes often, which is the problem; I hate having to pull the note down from the cloud every time.

On a side note, the Dropbox app has the similar issue. Both of these apps should allow local storage and syncing. I have a 32 gig SD card; more than enough to sync all my Dropbox and Evernote content.

Sadly, until Evernote gets local storage (which it probably never will), I will continue to use the Evernote app sparingly on my BB.
    02-09-13 10:50 AM
    Seriously, try Upvise. It's fast and caches on the phone. Get the free version from the Web suite if you only need notes. Very simple to use and it also backs up contacts.
    02-09-13 10:06 PM
    I'm slowly being convinced too to try this evernote, I have read over the years how you can do countless of things with it. That it even has text recognition feature meaning that if you take a pic with say the words "papa" you can later such for "papa" and it will be one of the results. This amongst others is a reason I'm leaning towards using it full time. Recently downloaded it. From a casual BB user I'll just be using it as a note taking app, anything that i find interesting be it pics, clips, and all that.

Day to day I use DDnotes. It is like memo pad. Its quick its fast. When i need to copy some bookmarks or cut copy some info quickly to use later or jot down anything I hear. DDnotes is super fast, can run in the background all day and not use much resources since it is as light as memopad itself. It exports notes too. I'm all for cloud apps But torn between switching to evernote or just simply sticking to DDnotes and maybe go the extra mile of exporting my notes and syncing them with sugarsync as it has support for local sync.{my only dislike of memopad is that having a white background burns the eyes at night when you try to type} DDnotes has a yellow background and it is all i have ever used since I got a blackberry.

PS: Not so sure about the local sync part yet so don't quote me on that just yet.
    Last edited by Phly_kid; 02-12-13 at 02:57 AM.
    02-12-13 02:35 AM
    Just switched to Z10 - and it's integrated. So let's see how this works!
    02-12-13 03:49 AM
    Please update us with your progress!

Is anyone here using Evernote for todo lists?

And GTD?

If I move back to BB I will have to ditch Omnifocus when I stop using iPhone.

Thanks
    02-12-13 04:11 AM
    While using "Evernote" in my Blackberry phone, there is no issue with speed.
    02-25-13 05:00 AM
    I'm getting more used to using Evernote and it is a great app. Better on the PC and Tablet then on the 9810 but still the syncing and ease of use is great. I don't have a speed problem either as it seems to sync fast and without issue. It is one of the good apps that actually does what it is supposed to. I use it more on my tablet (Kindle Fire HD) and my phone than on my PC for some reason. Like the ability to put notes in folders with it. And Casper--yes I am using it for TO DO lists--like it better than Tasks on the BB.
    02-25-13 06:51 PM
    And you shouldn't, I just read this morning they were hacked.
    03-04-13 11:27 AM
    A primary goal of mine is to scan pages of ink notes and organize them, as well as edit them. I use Windows and "thus far" Outlook Exchange.

Will be on BB10 shortly. However, I really do most of my "work" at my desktops, and mostly just want to "see" files when using the BB10 device.

Any suggestions on which way to go would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    05-12-13 12:25 AM
39 12