Hello,

All of CrackBerrys editors seem to LOVE evernote.
    I, for one, don't understand why.

Evernote is so slow compared to Memopad. Memopad lets me open up through a QuickLaunch Shortcut, and boom.. easy search for existing memos or new memos. Evernote on the other hand, requires data.. sign in, cache, and THEN makes it available. How is this fast?
    02-05-13 05:39 AM
    Doesn't it allow for off-line notebooks like other versions? I use evernote extensively across three platforms (windows, WP and android) and its pretty snappy.
    02-05-13 05:40 AM
    Doesn't it allow for off-line notebooks like other versions? I use evernote extensively across three platforms (windows, WP and android) and its pretty snappy.
    Second that! No problems speed wise.
    02-05-13 05:46 AM
    Evernote is actually more important to me than the phone I use - anyone want to do a quick review and throw up a few screen shots of what it looks like on the Z10?
    02-05-13 06:02 AM
    Evernote has cross platform syncing of notes and is quite powerful in that you can grab just about anything (pictures, web pages, documents, ect) and add it to notes.
    cgk, Evernote is integrated into BB10 remember app, and it sounds like the remember app works like Evernote anyhow. when you add an Evernote account it allows those notes to do the Evernote cloud sync. I hope that it will show the sync progress somewhere.
    02-05-13 06:27 AM
    Link to how Remember works; BlackBerry Z10 Support - How To Demo BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone Help 101

The current BBOS version is rather simple (and sucky), it sounds like we can make full use of Evernote on BB10
    02-05-13 06:50 AM
    I've used Upvise for years for cross-platform notes. It's very fast, and a very clean interface. If it's not in BBWorld for BB10 yet, I hope it gets there soon.
    02-05-13 06:54 AM
    Attaching documents and other files to notes being taken during meetings is very handy. That information is then distributed to any platforms you might need under any circumstances.

My only lament is how weak the PlayBook version of Evernote is compared to the BB mobile and Android versions. 'Just not there.
    02-05-13 07:53 AM
    Attaching documents and other files to notes being taken during meetings is very handy. That information is then distributed to any platforms you might need under any circumstances.

My only lament is how weak the PlayBook version of Evernote is compared to the BB mobile and Android versions. 'Just not there.
    I do it slightly differently - I simply take papernotes and then email the paper note to my evernote account (we have printers that scan and email in seconds at work) and do it that way.
    02-05-13 07:55 AM
    Because it syncs across platforms and even has a desktop app. So I can make a note on my phone, add pictures and location data about a job, then when I get home open it up on my desktop.
    02-05-13 12:48 PM
    I love Evernote. I can add attachments, voice notes, photos, etc. It's quick, at least on Android, and available on most platforms.
    02-05-13 04:24 PM
    I use Evernote on my Mac, Windows machine, iPhone, Android, and soon to be Z10. Dont think Memopad would allow that. I'm also a huge simplenote fan. Hoping for a BB app.
    02-05-13 04:52 PM
    I think the key element has been touched on here a few times, but just to highlight it: cross platform.

I use it extensively on my work desktop, more so for the shared notebooks functionality with people on the team.

Being able to create & share notes regardless of who owns what is hugely important... and why I at least love Evernote.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    02-05-13 06:11 PM
    I've got evernote on my new win8 machine. Never used it before but intrigued by what I'm hearing here. I'm forever taking pics of things work related and emailing from the berry to my company mail so I can work with it.
    02-05-13 06:34 PM
    I don't have it on my phone (9810) but after reading all of these posts, I think I might download it. I do have it on my Kindle Fire HD and use it a lot there for note taking. Questions now: How do you use it across platforms? Do I download it to my PC (Windows 7), Netbook (Windows 7) and my 9810 and if I do then what do I do to be able to cross reference it when I'm on the road. This sounds like a cloud application of sorts. Any help on what is probably elementary to you guys is new to me and I thought I knew a lot-LOL.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-05-13 07:19 PM
    Update: I've loaded it everywhere (netbook, phone, pc, laptop) and now I get the idea! Never knew you could do this with this program--very cool and many thanks to everyone on this tread for posting--New toy-Yeah!
    02-05-13 07:46 PM
    I do it slightly differently - I simply take papernotes and then email the paper note to my evernote account (we have printers that scan and email in seconds at work) and do it that way.
    cgk: When you say email them to your evernote account--do you just email them to your email address that you used when you set it up. Does Evernote have access to your emails?
    02-05-13 08:02 PM
    cgk: When you say email them to your evernote account--do you just email them to your email address that you used when you set it up. Does Evernote have access to your emails?
    Every Evernote account comes with a private email address that only you have - you then email notes, tidbits to that email address and Evernote brings those notes into Evernote.
    02-05-13 09:24 PM
    Everyone, thanks for your input.
    Have I been that unlucky these past few years? I've always kept Evernote running on my PCs because closing, opening them sometimes takes a few seconds. Also, I want Evernote to be readily available when I'm on a call and I need to take down a few things rather than having to wait for it to open up.

Next, I'm not wondering about the Evernote speed on PCs anyway. More so on BlackBerry.
    I just want to keep entering notes whenever I get a chance. Problem is, if I exit and re-launch.. it takes time as it needs to "sign in". Alternative is to not exit at all, but then there's battery issues. :/
    02-05-13 11:32 PM
    Update: I've loaded it everywhere (netbook, phone, pc, laptop) and now I get the idea! Never knew you could do this with this program--very cool and many thanks to everyone on this tread for posting--New toy-Yeah!

You inspire me. I'm going to load on my 9800 to get a feel for it. Was thinking about waiting until I get a Z10 but I like your idea. No time like the present and better to try a new app on familiar device.

Side note: Because the Z10 is out, I keep thinking of my Torch is outdated. But, no, its still an awesome tool and continues to serve me well.
    02-06-13 07:42 AM
    You inspire me. I'm going to load on my 9800 to get a feel for it. Was thinking about waiting until I get a Z10 but I like your idea. No time like the present and better to try a new app on familiar device.

Side note: Because the Z10 is out, I keep thinking of my Torch is outdated. But, no, its still an awesome tool and continues to serve me well.
    Thanks! Glad I can still inspire someone-LOL. The 9800 and the 9810 are both great phones though the 9810 running on 7.1 is honestly light years ahead of the 9800--still I still have my 9800 and won't let go of it, as you never know when my trusty 9810 will crash due to all the wipes and OS uploads I do-LOL.
    02-06-13 01:00 PM
    Every Evernote account comes with a private email address that only you have - you then email notes, tidbits to that email address and Evernote brings those notes into Evernote.
    Hey Varadigm--thanks so much for telling me about this--didn't know there was an email address that came with it. I've had it on my Kindle Fire HD for months now but just use it for notes as I didn't know that it had all these features. Excellent application and I can see where I will be incorporating it into my daily routine and perhaps if it works well enough, into my company. Thanks for the information, much appreciated!
    02-06-13 01:03 PM
    Thanks! Glad I can still inspire someone-LOL. The 9800 and the 9810 are both great phones though the 9810 running on 7.1 is honestly light years ahead of the 9800--still I still have my 9800 and won't let go of it, as you never know when my trusty 9810 will crash due to all the wipes and OS uploads I do-LOL.
    Yep I'm keeping my 9800 after I get the Z10. Wish I had OS7. BlackBerry developers are probably slowed down now. They should make us OS6'ers an upgrade to OS7.
    02-06-13 01:43 PM
    Well drat. I've got MS Onenote on my new machine. Thought it was Evernote. Anyone use this? Is it the same type thing?
    02-06-13 01:45 PM
    Well drat. I've got MS Onenote on my new machine. Thought it was Evernote. Anyone use this? Is it the same type thing?
    One Note is awesome! One of the very good things that MS has done to Windows 7 and up. The one thing that is nice about One Note is that it melds with all other Outlook applications--so for example, I do a lot of conference calls via my conference center. When I schedule a call, I do so on my Outlook calendar and send out the invitations on that same calendar event. They go out via email with an "accept/decline/reply with option" tab that you click. So if I was setting up a conference call and you were on the list of people to be on it, in addition to the subject of the call, time/date, etc, I can put in remarks like "looking forward to speaking with each of you" and hit send. It then goes out to you and everyone else on the list and you get an email that you click on "accept,etc". Once you do this, it is put into your calendar automatically and it also is available in One Note. So when the time comes for the call, you can open One Note and there is your calendar event with the notes from the email and plenty of room for notes as you speak on the call. It also saves your calls/notes in the order they came in so you can at anytime, click on them and see where you left off. Great for follow up calls.
    Evernote seems to be more of a "cloud-like" program that allow you to make notes as you go whether it is on your phone or tablet or pc/laptop/notebook, and sync them so that they are everywhere. This is great in my opinion for business travel or even making a shopping list. Very cool program so far. Don't like that they seem to have availability to your emails but maybe I'm reading into it and that is not the case. Much more to learn about it, but I like it. Hope this helps and thanks!
    02-06-13 02:03 PM
39 12