I find it frusterating when something happens to my phone and have to whipe it and reload the OS and have to reinstall all the apps from scratch. Fortunately this isn't the case for everything else because DM does backup all other info. So I'm hoping RIM adds that option (backing up apps as well) in the near future so I wouldn't have to encounter this problem again. But if there is an alternate way to backup apps please let me know becuase its annoying doing it over and over after a device whipe. Thanks for your help guys. Appreciate it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-11 06:17 PM
    why not back up apps with BBSak or BB Boss?
    Ibnux OTA downloader works great too and keeps the install files on the memory card!
    08-13-11 06:28 PM
    I've only had my Torch for maybe 6 months now. I've never had to wipe it clean, and reinstall the OS.
    Jeeze, I must be doing something wrong. Then again, I'm a Newbie not a Master.
    08-13-11 06:33 PM
    I've only had my Torch for maybe 6 months now. I've never had to wipe it clean, and reinstall the OS.
    Jeeze, I must be doing something wrong. Then again, I'm a Newbie not a Master.
    Something weird happened to my Torch today and the best buy rep had to whipe my device and had to reinstall all my apps and it was like the 4th time so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Ibnux OTA downloader works great too and keeps the install files on the memory card!
    Thanks so much for the suggestions and they work! Will def use them next time
    Last edited by luqman24; 08-13-11 at 07:33 PM.
    08-13-11 07:30 PM
    If you use BBSaK or BB Boss to back up your apps, would they be saved in the same format as Ibnux OTA downloader?
    08-13-11 10:50 PM
    It does. It just deletes those files after a restore. Probably to prevent app piracy.

Sent from my OSBB 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-13-11 10:53 PM
    BBSAK, BBMCP and BBBOSS have all developed well over the last few years to the point where clumsy tech rubes like myself can easily back up and restore 3rd Party Apps.

One thing I've never bothered to figure through is whether it makes best sense to, after the back ups (which I do through DM and BBSAK), to first restore the 3rd party apps through BBSAK (or BOSS or MCP "Master Control Program"), so that when you go back to DM you have a device more in parallel to the pre-wipe condition, so that the DM settings and stuff restored will be smoother. Or does the DM back up and restore functions exclude 3rd Party App settings?
    08-13-11 11:59 PM
    all yu need is dm. do a normal back up of yur device. then go to switch device and there will be an option to back up yur apps. back up BUT before finishing (since u r not switching device..), go to explorer and find under temp folder yur folder with yur pin showing up, rename it "3rd prty apps" save and exit. go back to ur dm screen and click finish. voila!. (no need for bbsak or anything else).
    if u do an os upgrade, do not use dm. use apploader exe file direct and it will do an auto back up of all ur apps (no key - so need to activate again) and restore all automatically. happy days
    08-14-11 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD