I'm sitting with iStore in front of me as I'm typing this and what makes me wonder : why does iPhone have all these free FUN apps ?? And BB does not seem to have a lot or any of these free Fun apps ??

I see apps like:

iBooks
    Talking Tom Cat
    Talking Snowball
    Labirinto Maluco
    Change My Voice
    Touch Piano
    Talking Bacteria
    Glow Draw
    Armory Sniper
    Adobe Photo Shop
    Fire Art
    Sudoku 1000
    Eye Illusions
    iSmoke
    Lightsaber Unleashed
    Virtual Zippo
    iDough

To only name a few.
    My question is there fun BB apps like you can get on the iPhone, and where do I get these fun free apps ??

Thanx Lots !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 04:35 AM
    iPhone = iToy

Lol

12-29-10 06:21 AM
    Hi there. I would say that Blackberry is great depending on how you see it. I believe each phone has their own pros and cons.

iPhone is more to a...fun phone. Blackberry could be a fun phone too but just lack of apps. Other than that, Blackberry is cool
    12-29-10 07:46 AM
    BlackBerry's are productivity first and fun second. They always have been. That said, there are apps out there for the blackberry to make them fun you just need to find them.
    12-29-10 08:43 AM
    iPhone = iToy

Lol

That statement is not far from the truth. If you want a "fun" phone, you should go with the iPhone or at least Android. BlackBerry has been, and will probably remain oriented towards a business user. It's not for fart apps and voice changers. It was designed to be a workhorse for the business user. Email, BBM, SMS....communication in general. That along with the security that it offers (BES) are its strong points.

Only recently, with this explosion of "apps" have things changed. There are more games, and timewasters than before. I like to think back to when this whole app thing started, and ask myself, "do I really need an app that does that?" Did I survive before that? More than likely, the answer is no I don't need it, and yes I will survive without a voice changer or a fart app, or a fake lightsaber on my phone.
    12-29-10 08:56 AM
    It's not like there can't be apps made just like iPhones....
    12-29-10 09:01 AM
    one word - Memory

Iphone has 32 G with which you can play

We .... Dont (9700) 256 M does not store a lot of apps
    12-29-10 09:17 AM
    It's not like there can't be apps made just like iPhones....
    No arguments there but most app delevopers seem to focus on Apple and Android first and BlackBerry last, if ever.
    12-29-10 09:17 AM
    tell me how fun it will be when you can't change themes and many of the basic settings...
    12-29-10 09:55 AM
    one word - Memory

Iphone has 32 G with which you can play

We .... Dont (9700) 256 M does not store a lot of apps

It is true that as developers we are limited by BB hardware....
    12-29-10 10:07 AM
    Blackberry app development certainly isn't last on the priority of OSes, but it is lower than IOS and android.

The main reasons are:
    1 - multiple devices. IOS you make 1 app for all phones. Its easy. This also includes issues like different hardware in different devices, which causes other complications.
    2 - dev tools aren't as good.
    3 - selling random apps to BB users doesn't work as well as IOS or Android because they buy fewer.

In reality I think the hardware capabilities are the least of these issues.

12-29-10 10:12 AM
    multiple devices can be include with hardware capabilities
    12-29-10 10:26 AM
    I'm sitting with iStore in front of me as I'm typing this and what makes me wonder : why does iPhone have all these free FUN apps ?? And BB does not seem to have a lot or any of these free Fun apps ??
    iBooks - we have several ebook readers - B&N, Kindle, mobihand(my fav), etc. Check App World and amazon.com/bb
    Talking Tom Cat - imho, this app loos ********.
    Talking Snowball - never heard of it.
    Labirinto Maluco - huh?
    Change My Voice - again, to me useless. But there's some BlackBerry apps that I've read about that do it, if you sign up for minutes to call through their service.
    Touch Piano - I saw something like this for storm. I don't have a touchscreen so I don't have a link, sorry.
    Talking Bacteria - again, never heard of it, but it sounds lame.
    Glow Draw - never heard of it.
    Armory Sniper - that one sounds kinda cool. If it's a towers game, check out Towers.
    Adobe Photo Shop - imgEdit is pretty good, especially with the new version coming out. There's a couple other photo editing apps out there too.
    Fire Art - not sure what that is.
    Sudoku 1000 - I dunno about you, but my 9650 came preloaded with Sudoku.
    Eye Illusions - dunno what it is.
    iSmoke - not sure what that is either.
    Lightsaber Unleashed - there's an app like this for Storm/Torch in this forum.
    Virtual Zippo - have it on my ipod. I opened it once. Imho, useless. There is one for storm tho in app world.
    iDough - is that a money app, or a bread cooking app? BlackBerry has money apps (ascendo) and the net has all the bread recipes you need.

Hope that helps some

12-29-10 11:55 AM

I see apps like:

iBooks
    Talking Tom Cat
    Talking Snowball
    Labirinto Maluco
    Change My Voice
    Touch Piano
    Talking Bacteria
    Glow Draw
    Armory Sniper
    Adobe Photo Shop
    Fire Art
    Sudoku 1000
    Eye Illusions
    iSmoke
    Lightsaber Unleashed
    Virtual Zippo
    iDough

To only name a few.
    My question is there fun BB apps like you can get on the iPhone, and where do I get these fun free apps ??

Thanx Lots !!

Lmao u honest would use all those apps? Those are useless. I use my ipod touch as a paper weight

12-29-10 01:15 PM
    Lmao u honest would use all those apps? Those are useless. I use my ipod touch as a paper weight

Until the ipod touch 2g MC model gets a jailbreak for 4.2.1, mine is a paperweight too.
    Without jailbreaking it, ipods and iphones are pretty lame imo.
    12-29-10 01:39 PM
    Blackberry is classier and is used more for use/convenience than for play/show, in my opinion. If I wanted to get a phone for work/school/business, I'd get a Berry; if I wanted to get a high-tech toy for my 11 year old cousin, I'd get him an iPhone.
    12-29-10 03:34 PM
    I was at O'Reilly picking up some parts last night, and a guy there was showing someone the sweet things his iPhone could do. According to him, he couldn't keep doing it though, because his battery would go dead real quick. Apparently he has to charge it every night. I smiled and appreciated my not-so-flashy 9700, which goes over three days without touching a charger.

Long story short, to each their own. Depends on what you want out of your phone.
    12-29-10 03:58 PM
    Because Jobs told you it is!
    12-29-10 04:25 PM
    Because Jobs told you it is!
    I almost laughed until I realized how true this is. Maybe not always Jobs directly, but Apple marketing and the impact on teens - the whole "cool" factor.
    Jobs could probably crap in a bag and it would be popular.
    12-29-10 04:33 PM
    :facepalm:
    12-29-10 04:51 PM
    Blackberry is classier and is used more for use/convenience than for play/show, in my opinion. If I wanted to get a phone for work/school/business, I'd get a Berry; if I wanted to get a high-tech toy for my 11 year old cousin, I'd get him an iPhone.
    Class, where did that come from, it is a phone that doesn't do much of anything by modern standards. I still haven't figured out where the "toy" thing came from either.
    Last edited by grncherry1; 12-29-10 at 11:56 PM.
    12-29-10 11:54 PM
    I almost laughed until I realized how true this is. Maybe not always Jobs directly, but Apple marketing and the impact on teens - the whole "cool" factor.
    Jobs could probably crap in a bag and it would be popular.
    LOL if they use the same marketing then everyone will HAVE to have one.
    12-30-10 07:57 AM
    I just found out we have the "Copter" app. That all the fun I have time for
    12-30-10 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD