I'm a BB newbie and only had my 9800 Torch for a week.

I just noticed one thing that bothered me: Howcome Facebook looks horrible in
    the Torch's webkit browser compared to when viewing it via Safari in even just
    an IPhone 3G?

What I meant by "horrible" is that the layout looks like mostly a text based website with
    a few pics scattered here and there. I'm particularly referring to the "News Feeds"
    section of Facebook. In Safari/Phone, it looks very close to how the actual layout
    looks like when browsing in a real PC or Mac. You can see the feeds with the comments
    and the "like" links and thumb icons below it. But in Webkit/Torch, I don't even see the
    "thumb" icons, just a bunch or regular looking text links.

All this time I thought all mobile browsers would render a website almost the identical
    like browsers in regular PCs/Macs do (like how this website would look 99% similar across
    IE8, Firefox, Opera or Chrome).

Am I missing something here? I'm still in the default/shipped OS bundle 278.

Do I need to upgrade or is there some browser setting that I just need to tweak?

TIA.
    10-15-10 04:44 PM
    When going to Facebook.com, it automatically recognizes the browser as mobile, so if fowards you to the m.Facebook.com site.

A better mobile site is: touch.facebook.com/

From there, when you scroll to the bottom you can switch to the desktop version of the site, however after awhile Facebook will still forward you to it's mobile site.

But you will see that the full site loads up just fine.
    10-15-10 05:01 PM
    Thanks for the "touch.facebook.com" tip. It definitely looks much much better that the "m" version.

So could it just be that my friend's IPhone 3G browser defaults to "touch" instead of "m"?
    10-15-10 05:43 PM
    That is a possiblity. Does the site it goes to look like the full website or the touch site?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-10 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD