I have an iphone as well, and the app they have for facebook is actually responsible for getting me hooked on that site! Its so easy to use, has all the functionality needed, and really isn't missing anything!

What's the deal with BB version?

I did the recent update and it still sucks! They need to ditch that entire app and start over.
    I use m.facebook all friggin day long! But would love to have a good app.

I would hapily pay a premium for a good app, as I'm sure a lot of others would. So what's the problem?
    Is facebook not allowing developers to build one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 08:51 AM
    Because it is a big fat memory hog!
    04-23-09 08:59 AM
    Yeah, I've noticed since the update my memory is the lowest its ever been
    04-23-09 09:16 AM
    I downloaded it to my Storm, and I deleted it 5 minutes later. Maybe sooner than that. It made my phone have extreme lag and the phone memory was really low. I just use the mobile site now.
    04-23-09 09:24 AM
    Does anyone know if I use an older backup with Version 1.2 on it, will it take? I'm deleting the new app, it's about as useful as a knife in a gun fight.

04-23-09 09:30 AM
    Huh? Even with the tightest memory management in the world, the app still sucks IMO

The interface sucks, its tricky to navigate, its missing many core features, etc

An all new app is needed. What's stopping developers?

04-23-09 09:37 AM
    Lack of interest? I'm not sure. I mean apparently twitter's a big thing - though I have never even been to the website.

Also it's time consumption and you'd need permission from both the Facebook Team and BB (I think)
    04-23-09 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD