Let me start by saying Ive hated every facebook app since 1.5, so that's what I'm used to as I always used it. I have my reasons for hating 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8 but we we'll get into that later.

I'm now using a bb tour as I ditched my droid x and got this phone from a friend. On the droid I would use the mobile site for everything. On the blackberry that's not very easy as we all know how craptastic the browser is.

Anyway, I installed 1.9 and all was well until an hour went by and I noticed I hadn't got any notifications. So I logged on via PC and noticed most of my notifications were turned off. So I checked everything that I wanted notified about and saved the changes. I then logged out of the facebook app.

Upon logging back into the facebook app, it shut my notifications off again.

I prefer to just read the email that is sent to me when I get a notification on my phone. Its quicker to check the email to see what was said than it is to wait for the app. This is what I hated about anything above 1.5 as the news feed section was placed in front of the notifications. Anyway, why does this new app turn off the notifications in my facebook settings every time I log in?
    12-28-10 11:56 AM
    I'm having the same issue - fb notifications being turned off - every time I do a battery pull. (And I have a storm so there's a lot of that...) Anybody know how to fix this? I wish I could go back to facebook 1.8 until they work out all the bugs - so frustrating!
    01-03-11 08:18 AM
    Here's a link to downgrade back to facebook 1.8

D4RW.IN

After you click the link just scroll through the options and pick the facebook 1.8 according to the OS on ur phone ..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    infernox likes this.
    01-03-11 08:37 AM
    Because the peopole that write the software don't test it enough before they release it.
    01-03-11 08:51 AM
    Thanks, Aalejandro for the link. Can you talk me through exactly how to use it? I assume I must first delete fb 1.9 from my BB. Then, access the link from my BB? I know this is basic but I've not done this before. Thanks for your help!
    01-03-11 01:51 PM
    Thanks, Aalejandro for the link. Can you talk me through exactly how to use it? I assume I must first delete fb 1.9 from my BB. Then, access the link from my BB? I know this is basic but I've not done this before. Thanks for your help!
    Yes delete 1.9 , then after ur phone reboots just download the version of 1.8 that goes along with you're OS and ur good to go ...and ur welcome

SvedishChef likes this.
    01-03-11 04:50 PM
    Thanks Aalejandro for the link to fb 1.8.

Can anyone remind me what the difference was between 1.8 vs 1.9? Is it "Locations"?
    01-03-11 08:05 PM
    Facebook Places and the dedicated Message Inbox

01-03-11 10:57 PM
    Yes thank you for the link. I installed 1.8 and it shut my notifications off as well. But I turned them back on via PC and its been fine every since. Even with logging in and out of the app.
    Thanks again!
    01-04-11 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD