Hi everyone,

It seems that on more than one occasion after rebooting my BB I notice one or two apps that were not there before and that I didn't download.

When I go into my options to try and get rid of them, they do not appear on the menu.

Does anyone know how to get rid of these? The latest one was ZoomPass. I have no idea what it is and I did not download it.

Thanks in advance,
    05-01-10 01:09 PM
    They aren't apps. They are launchers for apps pushed by your carrier. You cannot get rid of them, since they are in service books. So even if you delete them as soon as a reboot, they'll be back. They don't use a lot of memory.

What I do is create a new folder called "junk", move all those carrier pushed icons to the junk folder and then hide the junk folder. If my carrier pushes a new launcher, into the junk folder it goes, along with all the other launchers.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-01-10 01:20 PM
    +1 on hiding those unwanted icons. Out of sight is out of mind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 03:02 PM
    Thank you.
    05-01-10 07:54 PM
    I will agree that it is irritating when they push those app launchers to your phone. I'm with Sprint and it isn't too bad. You will always get the NASCAR app launcher and MLB.com. AT&T is really bad about that. They push about a dozen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 12:05 AM

What I do is create a new folder called "junk", move all those carrier pushed icons to the junk folder and then hide the junk folder. If my carrier pushes a new launcher, into the junk folder it goes, along with all the other launchers.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Thanks. That's what I did. A very easy solution!
    05-02-10 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD