What can't I, download many apps ? I can only download so many apps then it says , not enough memory. I have a bold 9000...I can't believe there is only 128 K memory is this gadget.. Do I have to constantly remove apps just to download new ones ???? It would see adding a bigger memory card would enable me to download many apps... If it don't lock up, grrrRRRR that's another thread !!!!! Is there anyway to download many more apps and still keep the same apps I downloaded ??? Any advice would be appreciated....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 10:53 PM
    How many apps could you possibly need and use. You could archive them and then reinstall when you need them.
    02-24-10 10:56 PM
    How many apps could you possibly need and use. You could archive them and then reinstall when you need them.
    I have about 4 apps, yahoo messenger, ebay, blackberry world app, pandora,THATS IT !!!! I see the memory bar, Where does it store it when its archived ? Is It the same as having it installed ?or just deleted but still taking up space ?

02-24-10 11:01 PM
    Look for threads on optimizing your OS. When I had a Bold I had over 40 apps on
    it and memory was never an issue.
    02-24-10 11:02 PM
    you should be available to download more than 4 apps. have you downloaded any themes? that might take up some space. the answer to your question is yes, sometimes the 9000 might require you to delete an old app if you want a new app.
    02-24-10 11:04 PM
    I'm confused. If there is like 128mb ram then why is it that the memory goes down to 20mb, I understand that the OS utilizes atleast half of the RAM memory but 20-30mb free?Isn't the ram memory independent from application memory?
    I mean like with my iphone, there is a separate partition for installing apps and the RAM is unaffected and remains at 45mb even after installing more that 50apps unless ofcourse if there are apps that run in the background.

Isn't it the same with the blackberry devices?

Last edited by bushako; 02-25-10 at 12:06 AM.
    02-25-10 12:02 AM
    The 128MB of application memory is for installing the OS, themes and apps, PLUS it is used as RAM, so your total amount available will fluctuate depending on apps using it and releasing it.
    02-25-10 06:21 AM
    Ahh making more sense to me... Thanks noahfecks... SOOO 128MB is all I have to run apps, thus making my application list very small ? Am I right ? So its like I need to decide which apps to keep, delete ? What the heck does archive do ? What benefit or what use is it ???

02-25-10 10:56 AM
    Ahh making more sense to me... Thanks noahfecks... SOOO 128MB is all I have to run apps, thus making my application list very small ? Am I right ? So its like I need to decide which apps to keep, delete ? What the heck does archive do ? What benefit or what use is it ???

This thread will provide some help in freeing up memory. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    02-25-10 11:36 PM
    I currently have over 30 apps and no memory issues. Just bought 3 more tonight in fact. Some sugestions:

• Make sure apps like Viigo are not caching data and making it available offline
    • Learn to use the Memory Cleaner
    • Clear browser cache from time to time
    • Make sure you remove emails with pictures. Store attachments on our SD card or the 1GB device memory (not system)
    • Don't let it keep old emails and messages around any onger than you need to
    • Make sure you're properly closing apps and not leaving them running in the background
    • Clear the event log every now and then

If you do all that stuff you'll have plenty of space for more apps.

EDIT: the link in the post above this one will do you a world of good. I took longer typing out this post than he did searching for that link, and it's got far more info for you.
    02-25-10 11:44 PM
    the bold has hardly any space for apps.. it has a 1gb storage built in which is absolutely useless! well that is if you have an SD card.
    02-26-10 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD