View Poll Results: Should Crackberry regulate or encourage the lower cost of fees from Applicators?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 69.23%
  • No

1 7.69%
  • Maybe

2 15.38%
  • Something sould be done but has nothing to do with crackberries.

1 7.69%
  • I like how Apple has regulated the applications to make it more accomadating to the iphone users!

4 30.77%
  • Step up Blackberry, its a matter of time the iphone or Apple rule the world!

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    This is another reason why I seriously looking into the iphone. The applications are huge and thier less expensive and all of them are easily accessible on the phone. If maybe crackberry regulated the cost a bit more on there site then maybe we would be more open to buy more.

I don't know..any thoughts?
    07-13-09 10:13 AM
    And then you'd be complaining about how few apps there are.
    07-13-09 11:37 AM
    Well the iPhone apps catalog is huge, but a lot of useless apps. But I see just as many useless apps for BBs too. I like how Berry's get free trials on most apps, that's a huge advantage over the iPhone. IMO.
    07-13-09 01:44 PM
    I don't know, all the apps I ever saw online for the iPhone were hella expensive if you ask me...

But to be honest, it's not really that that turns me off to it, it's the fact that you can't even multi-task on it. There was an editorial on Engadget I think that someone linked in a thread yesterday or the day before that was pretty funny, and really showed the downside to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 01:49 PM
    i think right now its harder to make apps for blackberry then iphone so there isnt prolly as many developers right now for blackberries, hopefull they make it easier to make apps for blackberry so there is more competition
    07-13-09 02:02 PM
    Well to be honest as a developer I can tell you all Blackberry Development is definitely not harder..

On the same tier as iPhone development I would say..
    believe it or not though iPhone has a larger api base and some things are easier to do..

As for Blackberry Development.. Some of the apps are in my honest opinion extremely over priced! Between �/$0-5 is reasonable but above that is ridiculous!

And a lot of the stuff looks as if it should be part of BB or can be developed really easily and cheaply but is sold at ridiculous prices like �/$10++ which is just insane!!

EDIT: Could be though that its because the BB Market is ALOT smaller right now and more business focused where as iPhone appeals to a much bigger variety than just business..
    Last edited by geeneeus; 07-13-09 at 02:22 PM.
    07-13-09 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD