Foursquare 1.9 was released today and is easily available on their site, but it's still not available on AppWorld. Also, every time I load a new OS, my AppWorld programs are not saved in the "My World" section, even after I log in (only the purchased ones show up).

Sometimes it takes 2-3 days for the updated app to arrive in AppWorld. Who's fault is this? What is the turnaround time once the publisher submits the app until it gets approved? And are these long delays the same for every major OS on the market (droid, iphone)???
    07-20-10 09:50 PM
    I know you have to force a refresh of MyWorld after OS updates. Don't know the answers to your other questions.
    07-20-10 10:03 PM
    If this were its only problem I would be pretty damn happy. I hate BBAppWorld!
    07-20-10 10:03 PM
    I think its do to the Los standards its developers are held to, with apps being the last thing on most bb users minds (just guessing here).
    07-21-10 04:09 AM
    If this were its only problem I would be pretty damn happy. I hate BBAppWorld!
    Ditto, to the point that on my last phone I removed it!
    07-21-10 06:56 AM
    Ditto, to the point that on my last phone I removed it!
    I install it only for the length of time it takes to download an app (like FatSecret most recently) that I want to give a whirl but can't find a .jad link for otherwise. As soon as I have whatever app, I immediately uninstall AppWorld. It is absolutely horrible.
    07-21-10 08:29 AM
    I install it only for the length of time it takes to download an app (like FatSecret most recently) that I want to give a whirl but can't find a .jad link for otherwise. As soon as I have whatever app, I immediately uninstall AppWorld. It is absolutely horrible.
    I've found that the mobihand website can get me just about any app that I need, haven't gotten around to getting rid of AW on my bold yet but it will happen sooner rather than later
    07-21-10 09:40 AM
    And are these long delays the same for every major OS on the market (droid, iphone)???
    Nope. AppWorld is garbage. I remember when it first came out, all I could say was "wtf is this?". Even months later it was still bad. I haven't had a BB since January so I don't know if it got any better, but it sounds like it hasn't, and I'm very sorry.
    07-21-10 09:48 AM
    Some of the issues can be quickly and easily fixed by resetting App World.

If you don't already know how:

While in App World, hold down the "alt" key and type RST. Wait for a few seconds and App World will close. Wait a few seconds, then reopen App World. All of your downloaded apps should now show in "My World", any "lost" available memory will come back, and you will get what is the current set for App World.

Give it a try if you haven't already. I do it almost daily since it just takes a few seconds.
    07-21-10 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD