friend got it for the iphone freaking awesome app someone needs to get on it for blackberry. here video for it: add the www.
    .viddler.com/explore/ipap/videos/105/
    01-18-09 09:06 PM
    can't get web page to work.
    01-18-09 09:13 PM
    01-18-09 09:15 PM
    i need more posts so i can add urls in my post sorry guys...lol forum rules
    01-18-09 09:19 PM
    This is good if your a stalker.
    I would not like just anyone to have my contact with out asking me first.
    01-18-09 09:24 PM
    lol.....not very practical if you ask me. just another pointless app I'd have on my phone to show off its features, but would never use...
    01-18-09 09:26 PM
    I would not like just anyone to have my contact with out asking me first.
    Yeah, exactly. Not too crazy about this one at all, from the personal/safety security point of view.
    01-18-09 10:15 PM
    Not a chance i would touch that one with a 10 foot pole.
    01-18-09 10:20 PM
    stalkers meet stalkers
    or
    stalkers not-anonymous
    01-19-09 10:37 AM
    Doesn't this already exist for the storm? Not called the same thing, but I swear I've seen a couple of OTA links in threads about it.
    01-19-09 10:44 AM
    Great, an app for people who can't take their eyes off their phone long enough to look around and see who's around them.
    01-19-09 11:03 AM
    Actually a few of my friends have met chicks with this app.

Anything that helps a fellow man can't be all that bad.

The company that created is called... myrete they have a site at the usual dot com spot if you want to check it out.

Maybe if we spam them, they will make it.
    03-22-09 10:43 PM
    i see many of you dont actually understand this app and how it works. i have a curve but i had an iphone b4 i lost it in australia. all thw app does is show people who also have the app that are also with a certain range that you have set. this app does not exchange or share phone numbers and emails unless u post it in the profile that you create. its actually less invasive than posting ur bb pin on here because ur phone doesnt ring when random people contact u, instead u retrieve ur messages by opening the app. plus its very easy to block people. coming from someone who has actually used the app it is great and blackberry should definately have something like it
    09-06-09 08:50 PM
    Has anyone had any luck finding a "who's here" type app?
    I have an iphone 3g as my work phone, and these type of social networking apps are pretty cool. You can search for people by age, gender, and their distance from you. And like venom said, there aren't any privacy issues. All the information it shows for the user is a picture and their age, gender, relationship status, and an "about me" field where you can put in as little or as much info as you want. Except for "gender" every other field is optional. And its not CIA style location reporting, you can change the settings so that it obscures you're location by up to 6miles (2mi is default).
    09-11-09 08:40 AM
    Google Maps has a feature called latitude that pinpoints your GPS location and then shows everyone else who has signed up for latitude directly on google maps. You can upload a picture and see them wherever they are. Its pretty Cool, but you have to add them first so its not great for finding friends
    09-11-09 08:49 AM
    google has an application that runs with Google maps that does more or less the same thing... its called google "Latitude" it works with google maps and instead of just showing you the distance in miles it will actually show you the exact location of your friends on a map in real time...it has several features and best part its FREE... check it out here Official Google Mobile Blog: Locate your friends in real time with Google Latitude

LOL collin beat me to it....
    09-11-09 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD