I just downloaded viigo, seems to be a nice app. Anyway everything I have read says to use the Auto connection with BIS-B Connection type. Using this setting I can not update, retrieve articles etc.. When I put the connection settings on TCP, it works. Can someone explain what is a TCP connection. I do have an unlimited data plan and my work email address is set up through work. I believe this would be BES? Anyway whats a TCP connection?
    03-30-09 09:11 PM
    tcp connection routs directly through at&t (or insert any carrier here) while BIS routs through the blackberry servers and is the consumer Blackberry internet service. you have BES, which is the enterprise solution.

i don't know if viigo has a BES - socket option, i'd assume that's the one you would use if it had it... but tcp should work fine without incurring any extra charges. you can't use BIS since you are on BES. (as far as i know)
    03-30-09 09:18 PM
    BIS-B is your unlimited data plan. TCP uses the traditional mobile data network (on certain carriers, is charged quite heavily).
    03-30-09 09:18 PM
    Ok, thanks for the response. I do have an unlimited data plan through AT&T so i should have "no" additional charges.
    03-30-09 09:24 PM
    I know this might be CB heresy ...

But, IMO, there are better ways to get the job done. I use NewsGator, BBWeather and others.

Viigo is/was a real pain. Just my, and a few others, opinion.

See:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/rea...e-viigo-87676/
    03-30-09 09:33 PM
    I installed Viigo and am trying to create an account but I keep getting an error saying 'Authentication Failed'?! I'm on Rogers and have tried my network settings at 'Auto' and 'BIS-B' but no luck. Any ideas? I've searched the forums but could not find an answer...BOO. Many thanks for any help!!!
    04-02-09 11:05 AM
    So does this mean it willl not use WIFI, even if it is available?
    04-02-09 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD