I got a Google Voice account a few months ago and haven't really messed with it too much. I had some people from Craig's List that wanted me to call or text which I hate so I installed the app on my BB that allows you to SMS or call from your Google Voice number right from you BB and it worked quite well. The reply SMS came from my Google Voice number so I can see where it might be confusing. Wish there was a way to display the actual number that the call or SMS came from unless I'm doing something wrong. It just looks like I got a bunch of messages from my Google Voice number.

Anyway, post what you like or dislike about it and how you're using it. Seems like a pretty cool program I just haven't used it too much yet.

Also, can anyone tell me what the 'this phone' option is for? The options are my actual mobile number or none. Not sure what that does or what it means even.
    09-15-09 01:33 AM

Anyway, post what you like or dislike about it and how you're using it. Seems like a pretty cool program I just haven't used it too much yet.

Also, can anyone tell me what the 'this phone' option is for? The options are my actual mobile number or none. Not sure what that does or what it means even.
    I love it because I can use my GV number for all other things in which I second guess giving a person or business my real number.

As for the phone option if you select your number that's where your calls and SMS get forwarded to. If you select none then your GV number isn't associated with a number and therefore you can check your SMS and voicemails thru website. But either way they go to the website.
    09-15-09 02:18 AM
    As for the phone option if you select your number that's where your calls and SMS get forwarded to. If you select none then your GV number isn't associated with a number and therefore you can check your SMS and voicemails thru website. But either way they go to the website.
    Hmm... I could have sworn I had it set to none and was getting SMS and calls but I must be mistaken.
    09-15-09 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD