I was installing a few apps on a friends phone, and after a restart it loaded to a white screen with black font. Says blackberry platform 4.0.0.94 up top and has all the apps listed but I get errors everytime I try to open things. It says error starting ..... I'm baffled! She's mad and idk what to do. It won't allow me to access options to remove the apps I loaded. The apps were app world, storm level, and storm slider! Then I restarted to free up the file free! I don't feel like buying a new storm! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 01:59 PM
    Try another battery pull?

05-13-09 02:08 PM
    I was installing a few apps on a friends phone, and after a restart it loaded to a white screen with black font. Says blackberry platform 4.0.0.94 up top and has all the apps listed but I get errors everytime I try to open things. It says error starting ..... I'm baffled! She's mad and idk what to do. It won't allow me to access options to remove the apps I loaded. The apps were app world, storm level, and storm slider! Then I restarted to free up the file free! I don't feel like buying a new storm! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

just wipe it and reinstall the OS. That is the platform for the .75 OS so why not make her really happy and put .132 on her phone

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/le...9530-a-212788/

Oh, and you didn't say so I am assuming it is a 9530 (and not a 9500)
    Last edited by MarcSt; 05-13-09 at 02:17 PM.
    05-13-09 02:09 PM
    Yes its a 9530 and if I had a computer here I would, but no such luck! Looks like a trip to verizon on lunch break!

05-13-09 02:22 PM
    Yes its a 9530 and if I had a computer here I would, but no such luck! Looks like a trip to verizon on lunch break!

Don't sweat it, it's not toast by any means and remember no good deed goes unpunished
    05-13-09 02:24 PM
    Yeah exactly, I just have to tell her she's out a phone til tomorrow when I bring my laptop to fix it!

05-13-09 02:31 PM
    I'm still playing with this phone, the weird thing is the only thing I can get to load is the storm slider application. Its crazy, every thing else fails but that still works! Any ideas?

05-13-09 03:51 PM
    are the icons real small? if so you lost your default zen theme which you can reload but you need a pc....the home screen is prolly white with a real ugly icon set.....you deleted the default theme that MUST be on the phone for themes to work....
    05-13-09 04:45 PM
    I'm still playing with this phone, the weird thing is the only thing I can get to load is the storm slider application. Its crazy, every thing else fails but that still works! Any ideas?

If you can't get in to remove the apps then one of them might have corupted and OS file. Without access to a computer there is really little you can do. You did try SEVERAL battery pulls right?
    05-13-09 04:47 PM
    are the icons real small? if so you lost your default zen theme which you can reload but you need a pc....the home screen is prolly white with a real ugly icon set.....you deleted the default theme that MUST be on the phone for themes to work....
    Exactly! and I was going to mention that but he said all he did was ADD some apps. Just reading some threads on your point today and it sounds right on.
    05-13-09 04:48 PM
    He could try to boot into safe mode.....prolly wont help though pull the battery then after putting it back in hold the escape key until it boots you should be in safe mode
    05-13-09 04:50 PM
    I did a ton of battery pulls! That always fixes my bold! I took it into safe made and it looked identical. Did say it was in safe mode though. There are no icons, just a white screen with most of the apps listed in black font. And only voice dialing, slide to unlock, and tasks will open. idk its in the hands of verizon now!

05-13-09 05:49 PM
    Ok just incase someone else has this problem, I took it to verizon and they replaced it. We told them it was a downloaded app through Blackberry App World and they replaced it. So can't confirm an OS reinstall will fix it but Verizon will replace it if it's under a year!
    05-15-09 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD