it name was announced a couple of weeks ago, whats the word with this??

whens the release gonna be?
    03-14-09 07:17 PM
    03-14-09 08:03 PM
    I heard that is lost..... here won day now gone..... yup thats is its lost..........haha it coming out in april 2020
    03-14-09 09:04 PM
    I heard that is lost..... here won day now gone..... yup thats is its lost..........haha it coming out in april 2020
    lets hope so HA
    03-14-09 09:29 PM
    I was going to guess that it was in the same star system as Disney World...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 09:32 PM
    duh it comes out the same day as the Stable OS GC - when the moons align and the sun is at its highest in the sky...
    03-15-09 01:37 AM
    I thought it was coming out on the next bluemoon\m/
    03-15-09 10:36 AM
    It is not open yet. But you can sign up now and they will email you when it is open for business. They are probably waiting for some great apps to be included in this Grand Opening.
    03-15-09 10:53 AM
    I still don't understand why people ask these dumb questions that they know no one else knows the answer to.

I promise that YOU WILL KNOW WHEN IT ARRIVES! Everyone and their mother will be talking about it.
    03-15-09 01:08 PM
    I think we are getting another RIM job!! They said it was to launch in March which really means June.

03-15-09 01:51 PM
    Not be�ng able to store apps on microSD is gonna suck balls..

03-15-09 01:54 PM
    I still don't understand why people ask these dumb questions that they know no one else knows the answer to.

I promise that YOU WILL KNOW WHEN IT ARRIVES! Everyone and their mother will be talking about it.
    i am dumbfounded! with your first sentence, i thought you were being lucid...but with your second, not so much...

i find it hilarious that you people are seriously asking this question...really?!?
    the "AppWorld" has, infact, launched...and ill be noted as saying i am surprised that all of you somewhat technologically "in the know" , though far be it from me to say, "Unsavvy" people have not found the door to this disappointingly mediocre selection of unexciting applications for the blackberry devices...
    03-15-09 02:46 PM
    When the App World is launched, we'll know. I see no purpose in creating useless threads that clutter this forum. Use the search button before you make threads such as this. In all honesty, it's getting annoying to have people asking the same questions over and over again.
    03-15-09 03:50 PM
    App World will most likely be announced and go live April 1st. I think this is when it will happpen simply becasue Mike Lazaridis, president and Co-CEO of RIM is a keynote speaker at the International CTIA Wireless expo in Vegas, and it would be an appropriate time. Lazaridis is scheduled to speak somewhere between 9:00AM to 11:00AM local time on April 1, 2009.

When it's launched we will all know, I'm sure.

Check out the CTIA website for more.
    Last edited by sf18443; 03-16-09 at 05:33 PM.
    03-16-09 05:31 PM
    ^^^Then the "appropriate" statement should have been "...in April", as oppose to their projected launch date of "March". Assuming what you are saying is correct (no doubt it is).

Not that it's a huge deal, i saw this coming a mile away. These over-takings sometimes involves hurdling huge challenges at the last moment. . . this is probably one of those (giant epic fail) moments.

"RIM job" mentioned above seemed suiting.
    03-16-09 07:58 PM
    Lame again
    03-16-09 10:48 PM
    I believe RIM announced on March 11, when the App World went live for developers, that App World would be up within a month. I know orginally it was slotted for march, but things happen. I think a one day delay is understandable.
    03-18-09 08:04 PM
    i am dumbfounded! with your first sentence, i thought you were being lucid...but with your second, not so much...

i find it hilarious that you people are seriously asking this question...really?!?
    the "AppWorld" has, infact, launched...and ill be noted as saying i am surprised that all of you somewhat technologically "in the know" , though far be it from me to say, "Unsavvy" people have not found the door to this disappointingly mediocre selection of unexciting applications for the blackberry devices...

What are you talking about? Are you being sarcastic? Are you referring to the application center?

Answers, please.
    03-18-09 08:09 PM
    What are you talking about? Are you being sarcastic? Are you referring to the application center?

Answers, please.
    no, i am actually talking about the "appworld"...unless i am being incredibly stupid...who knows.

goto BlackBerry App World

once there, just click on the appworld link and voila, you are there...please all forgive me if i have misinformed?!?
    03-18-09 08:36 PM
    no, i am actually talking about the "appworld"...unless i am being incredibly stupid...who knows.

goto BlackBerry App World

once there, just click on the appworld link and voila, you are there...please all forgive me if i have misinformed?!?
    Oh. The appworld will be a seperate application on your Storm where you can buy apps right from your device, not a webpage. It will replace the application center, and be alot like the iphone app store.
    03-18-09 08:40 PM
    PC World reported on March 17, 2009:

According to a spokesperson from RIM, although the company announced the name of the BlackBerry store on March 4, that was never set as the date for the actual launch of the store. "BlackBerry App World is on track to launch within the next month," she said today.

So take it for what it worths.
    03-18-09 10:34 PM
    Still a few days left in the month of March...
    03-18-09 11:12 PM
    The store will be open on...

I'm sorry DAVE...I can allow that...
    03-19-09 01:56 AM
    Lol. I knew HAL was behind this somehow.

03-19-09 03:05 AM
    More info that was posted in the rumors section

InternetNews Realtime IT News - RIM's App World Store Ready to Rock

The following stands out for those worried about memory taken up on their device by apps:

When the BlackBerry App World store launches, Brenner said will serve both as a distributor and repository for user's applications. "You'll be able to store your applications in the cloud and retrieve them as needed off the network," he said.

Until the store goes live, it's not clear how quickly or efficiently an application might be retrieved, but having that option means BlackBerry users won't be limited to how many applications they can store directly on the device.
    03-19-09 09:39 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD