I am a fresh migrant from PalmOS territory and thus far i am quite impressed with not only the number of apps available for the blackberry but the stability and quality of them as well. That is except for one area, Appearance.

where are all the good looking blackberry apps, i understand the resolution on the curve is quite low when compared to the iPhone or the Pre but still, i would be willing to pay a bit more for a app that looked good.

are there any pretty blackberry apps out there?

if not, what graphical upgrades would you like to see, im a graphic/web designer and i would like to branch out into UI design, perhaps even dabble in developing for the blackberry OS.

the only remotely pretty apps ive seen thus far are
    Pandora
    Facebook
    Sprint navigation
    Blackberry App world

I understand that Blackberrys are stereotypically for boring, corporate users but that doesnt mean that it all has to be so ugly, why cant blackberry apps look like iPhone and Pre apps?
    06-29-09 12:04 AM
    I say that since you're looking into UI you should develop some pretty apps and then repost with the ota

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 12:15 AM
    I say that since you're looking into UI you should develop some pretty apps and then repost with the ota

the problem is that i have never done any real development, the only code ive ever written is HTML and CSS.

If anyone is planning or currently working on an app i would be willing to do all the buttons/graphics at no charge
    06-29-09 12:19 AM
    Ohhh ok yeah definitely well I have no idea so sorry I can't help. But yeah I came across plenty of nice looking apps I guess just try and download everything you can and delete all the ugly ones? ...THEN you can repost with the otas

06-29-09 12:26 AM
    I am a fresh migrant from PalmOS territory and thus far i am quite impressed with not only the number of apps available for the blackberry but the stability and quality of them as well. That is except for one area, Appearance.

where are all the good looking blackberry apps, i understand the resolution on the curve is quite low when compared to the iPhone or the Pre but still, i would be willing to pay a bit more for a app that looked good.

are there any pretty blackberry apps out there?

if not, what graphical upgrades would you like to see, im a graphic/web designer and i would like to branch out into UI design, perhaps even dabble in developing for the blackberry OS.

the only remotely pretty apps ive seen thus far are
    Pandora
    Facebook
    Sprint navigation
    Blackberry App world

I understand that Blackberrys are stereotypically for boring, corporate users but that doesnt mean that it all has to be so ugly, why cant blackberry apps look like iPhone and Pre apps?
    Tweet Genius
    Myspace
    Beejive
    Poynt
    Shazam

these are some good app with nice UI. Tweet Genius has the best UI I've seen on a BlackBerry.
    06-29-09 09:15 AM
    Flycast is pretty. Also Uber Twitter. As well as Score Mobile. And don't forget Viigo

Edit: oh and Weather Eye and World Mate.
    06-29-09 09:49 AM
    I'm a blackberry developer and i have no graphic skills but if i come up with any new app ideas i'll be sure to give you a shout for some graphics!

If you want to see what I've already made thats free and you have UI change ideas then give us a shout over at everythingberry.net!

You can see my app with screenshots here http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/mycart-254718/
    06-29-09 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD