Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3303FAE8

Default Where is Mobipocket??

So, I downloaded BBSAK. How do I install it? It's obviously not an OTA download.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3303FAE8

Default Where is Mobipocket??

And I'm also assuming that with the .cod file there's no need for the .acx ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,487 Global Posts

Default Re: Where is Mobipocket??

Quote Originally Posted by radiomark View Post
    So, I downloaded BBSAK. How do I install it? It's obviously not an OTA download.
    After installing BBSAK to your computer and launching it, click on the 'Modify CODs'. Then click on Read System (the program needs to do this before any COD addition/deletion), and then click on Install CODs. Should be easy after that. Once BBSAK has injected the file in, your phone may restart. This is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by radiomark View Post
    And I'm also assuming that with the .cod file there's no need for the .acx ?
    .alx? You can install the app via Desktop Manager, if you have the .alx file(s) for it.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi raino - I have the desktop reader for mobipocket. Can you tell me how to install it on my Curve 9380? I am unable to download the mobipocket reader on my new phone. Had it on my earlier Curve 8520 and miss it terribly now
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,487 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hetapeta View Post
    Hi raino - I have the desktop reader for mobipocket. Can you tell me how to install it on my Curve 9380? I am unable to download the mobipocket reader on my new phone. Had it on my earlier Curve 8520 and miss it terribly now
    I don't use this app, so I don't know what different versions are out there. I'm just a guy who knows how to install apps from a computer.

Is "desktop reader for mobipocket" the same app as the one uploaded in this post? If so, download it, and using my instructions above, install it to your 9380. Or, if you still have your 8520 lying around, you can extract the app's file(s) using BBSAK, and inject them into your 9380.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    Thanked by:
    hetapeta (10-18-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks raino. I imported the alx file into the blackberry desktop manager and connected my curve through the usb and the reader is now installed. Many thanks once again
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi guys, I have the same problem, I have a 9930, and has to wipe all my data and restore the backup data but mobipocket reader disappeared. Now can 't find it again. I read all the threats but I don't understand what a".cod" is and not sure what to do wit the above data. Can some one pease help me. I did download kindle and the kindle reads the cover of my ebooks that I use to use mobipocket to read. But the kindle won't open the ebooks. What do I do?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #33  

Quote Originally Posted by VENUSP View Post
    H I read all the threats but I don't understand what a".cod" is and not sure what to do wit the above data. Can some one pease help me.
    LOL

The ".cod"s are the only files we are sharing in this thread, and the instructions on how to install them are repeated twice in the whole thread of 32 posts.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thank you very much! I've installed .cod & it is working fine. I've been using Overdrive since I've upgraded to OS7 devise. Overdrive is ok but Mobi is better imo. I have a lots of mobi format. Now I can just convert all epub to mobi and start reading with my bb again.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Dejar DD1968, you rock !! I finally took time to droit and it worked perfectly!!! I have my mobipocket back. And can use my dictionaries again!! Thank !!!
    Best, Venus
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

so i have a bold 9930 running 7.1.0.755. I downloaded the COD files and "install COD" with BBSAK. I can not find mobi on my device. Any idea's what i did wrong?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Thanks so much

I spent 4 hours last evening trying to figure this problem out after getting a replacement phone. I have no clue how I missed this thread, but signed up for crackberry just to thank you DD1968. YOU ROCK!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thank you so much! I have been going crazy trying to get Mobi back. People, Don't let the "cod"stuff scare you, this is super easy and it worked perfectly ! Now...does anyone know WHY dear mobi disappeared? I have Amazon suspicions....
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxy View Post
    Thank you so much! I have been going crazy trying to get Mobi back. People, Don't let the "cod"stuff scare you, this is super easy and it worked perfectly ! Now...does anyone know WHY dear mobi disappeared? I have Amazon suspicions....
    Amazon bought MobiPocket back around 2007. They originally converted the .prc format to incorporate it into their own system. This allowed them to get into the ebook market quickly.

I can remember having a python script that would convert the original Kindle serial number into the MobiPocket PID. I could read all of my MobiPocket books on the Kindle by adding the PID to the book. There were even scripts to port the Kindle book into the original MobiPocket format so it could be read on other devices. They added extra characters to the serial number on the K2 to keep people from being able to do this anymore, and the azw format has changed a lot since then.

It doesn't surprise me that they stopped working on the MobiPocket side.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
    CrackBerry Newbie

Download Blackberry Reader

though the Storm beta version .jad failed to install on my BB 9900
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    539 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by booker View Post
    Download Blackberry Reader

though the Storm beta version .jad failed to install on my BB 9900
    I had it working on my 9900 (now on Q10). Need cod to try?

From my Q10
    SQN100-1 on Bell Mobility (10.2.1.2141)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kfroese View Post
    I had it working on my 9900 (now on Q10). Need cod to try?

From my Q10
    Sorry to jump in. I've been looking for the beta version cod (the previous link on this thread is dead now), so would appreciate it if you have available.

Thanks, J
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default help

can't find the app...links not working
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by adclemg View Post
    can't find the app...links not working
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlrvge727q...i%20Reader.rar

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12