Has anybody else been having problems with mobihand customer support?

I have bought a lot of apps thru mobihand/crackberry and unfortunately have bought for more then 1 phone, which creates a nightmare for PIN changes. I have contacted them, told them of the situation, that I would like to seperate the apps into 3 different accounts for each phone so switching phones would not create such a mess. I told them I would set them up under different email addresses and purchase future apps on the right account set up for each phone.

They responded and said to reply to this email with the email addresses and which apps to put with each address and PIN. I do this, wait a week, hear nothing. I resend the email, still hear nothing a few days later. So I step it up and send a couple emails a week, and still hear nothing. Now I am sending a email every day, and still hear nothing. All I want is to fix this situation and move one. Once it is fixed, there should be no more issues.

Now I have had my wife's storm replaced, and got a new storm 2. Here I sit 3 days later waiting to get my activation codes updated, and can not because mobihand will not respond. The trials are running out, so I will be sitting with apps that wont work because mobihand wont respond and fix this issue. This has been going on for a month now.

My thanks go out to empower, they do their own license, and I contacted them and they got both phones updated within a day.

Am I the only one, or is mobihand just going downhill.

Oh, my advice to everyone, DO NOT buy for more then 1 phone per account. It is easier at the time to do so, but creates a mess later and mobihand does not want to assist in fixing the issue later.
    03-21-10 05:50 AM
    Has anybody else been having problems with mobihand customer support?

I have bought a lot of apps thru mobihand/crackberry and unfortunately have bought for more then 1 phone, which creates a nightmare for PIN changes. I have contacted them, told them of the situation, that I would like to seperate the apps into 3 different accounts for each phone so switching phones would not create such a mess. I told them I would set them up under different email addresses and purchase future apps on the right account set up for each phone.

They responded and said to reply to this email with the email addresses and which apps to put with each address and PIN. I do this, wait a week, hear nothing. I resend the email, still hear nothing a few days later. So I step it up and send a couple emails a week, and still hear nothing. Now I am sending a email every day, and still hear nothing. All I want is to fix this situation and move one. Once it is fixed, there should be no more issues.

Now I have had my wife's storm replaced, and got a new storm 2. Here I sit 3 days later waiting to get my activation codes updated, and can not because mobihand will not respond. The trials are running out, so I will be sitting with apps that wont work because mobihand wont respond and fix this issue. This has been going on for a month now.

My thanks go out to empower, they do their own license, and I contacted them and they got both phones updated within a day.

Am I the only one, or is mobihand just going downhill.

Oh, my advice to everyone, DO NOT buy for more then 1 phone per account. It is easier at the time to do so, but creates a mess later and mobihand does not want to assist in fixing the issue later.
    Try using the support here on CB, have found it to be much faster, I have the S1 and S2 and they've been very helpful in switching pins, versions, etc.
    03-21-10 06:50 AM
    Try using the support here on CB, have found it to be much faster, I have the S1 and S2 and they've been very helpful in switching pins, versions, etc.
    I have been logging into my account thru crackberry. The replies I get come from mobihand customer support. I was assuming crackberry was like a store front for mobihand.
    03-21-10 07:18 AM
    I would respectfully say that you created your mess, which you have acknowledged. Clearly each account should be associated with one PIN and one email account which goes to that device. You can use the same PayPal account. Your next-to-last sentence is very good advice. Maybe a more helpful thread title would have been "My MobiHand Advice: Use a separate account for each phone."
    03-21-10 08:03 AM
    I would respectfully say that you created your mess, which you have acknowledged. Clearly each account should be associated with one PIN and one email account which goes to that device. You can use the same PayPal account. Your next-to-last sentence is very good advice. Maybe a more helpful thread title would have been "My MobiHand Advice: Use a separate account for each phone."
    With respect back, I am not the only one with this problem. As you can see from below, this is a problem, the following is a copy from the change PIN request form.

Important: Be aware that submitting your new Device ID through this form will apply the new ID to ALL software in your account. If you have software for multiple devices in your account, please write us an email at [email protected] so that we can further assist you with your Device ID update.

Maybe mobihand should put a message like this when buying apps such as creating a account for each phone you are buying a app for. Mobihand knows this happens, if they dont want to deal with multiple phones on one account, then they should change how they sell them.

I bought the apps, and each one appeared on my account with the correct PIN's. The problem comes when you want to do a PIN swap.

So either way mobihand needs to correct this someway. Either bring it to the buyers attention with a message before buying a app to create an account for each phone, or make it so a person can change PINS for each seperate app. Another words, the account holder selects the app that needs to have a PIN change and does it.

And if you read the last part of their message, it says to contact them for this issue, I did, they responded to what I need to do, I did that, and now they are not responding....so bad customer service is still the issue, I am doing exactly what I am being told to do by mobihand.

We all are not as smart as you. The title still stands, mobihand needs to address this issue.
    Last edited by trucksmoveamerica; 03-21-10 at 08:44 AM.
    03-21-10 08:41 AM
    I accidently did the opposite - used 3 different email addresses to purchase apps for my Tour. Since I was losing my dsl provider, I needed to change email addresses and decided it was a good time to consolidate. It took a message a day for 3 days to get a reply, my response and their action which I thought was timely. They have always provided timely service like the time I accidently purchased a "droid" app for my tour. While it was under $2.00, they promptly refunded my purchase price.

But it sounds as if somehow your email is no longer getting to them - might be going to their spam/junk mail folder??? Try contacting them again with a different email address, obviously referencing the one that needs the correct actions.

I do have a feeling that some of these sales outlets are really only one or two person shops. That might slow things down.
    03-21-10 09:06 AM
    I don't disagree that they should implement some prevention against using one account for two devices. Maybe you should suggest that to them. And I do understand that you are complaining about the length of time it is taking for them to help you. (My only problem with them was answered the next business day, so I personally have not experienced bad customer support.) My point is that other people here could benefit from the lesson you have learned the hard way.
    03-21-10 09:08 AM
    Mbihand is usually good at replying, but for some reason they are getting worse. They responded to my original email and told me to reply to this email and tell them which apps to to which pin and provide seperate emails for each one. I did that, and now I dont hear from them.

That is the point of this thread. What happened to them, or are they getting worse. I hope they come back, buying apps from them is the way I prefer, but I have to stop buying from them for now.

I dont have a problem with mobihand except for this matter. They have been good to deal with. I hope they come around and correct this soon.

And I agree, I am also trying to warn others to not do this. It creates a nightmare for PIN change time. And I am hoping someone from mobihand reads this and helps me out and takes the suggestion to change how they sell the apps, or change how we can change PIN's on our accounts.
    03-21-10 09:28 AM
    Good luck. I see that Our Fearless Leader Kevin will be reporting other complaints to MobiHand; maybe he'll see this one.
    03-21-10 09:43 AM
    Good luck. I see that Our Fearless Leader Kevin will be reporting other complaints to MobiHand; maybe he'll see this one.
    Thanks, I hope so. I am doing exactly what mobihand said to do. That is why I am getting upset.
    03-21-10 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD