WHERE is an app with several location based service widgets. It is one of the most downloaded apps on AppWorld so I know people are using it, and it wouldn't be downloaded as much if it was broken all to heck.

So I assume I'm at fault.

Everytime I go to launch Where it says it can not find my GPS signal. It --was-- set to E911 only and now to "ON" or whatever the other option is. Is there something stupidly simple I'm missing here?
    04-06-09 01:56 PM
    since you're on verizon and they disabled GPS on the pearl and the curve, you can't use the GPS function on your phone. you'll have to enter your zip code.

poynt, on the other hand, at least finds the cell tower closest to your location and finds movies and such from there. it's not quite the same as where, but it's a start...
    04-06-09 03:12 PM
    ., .

Well. that's kinda stupid. I assumed that only turn-by-turn GPS apps would be blocked so that you paid for their VZ-Nav.

Thanks for the reply though.
    04-06-09 03:16 PM
    yeah it sucks. 3rd party apps that require use of gps don't work so well on verizon blackberries (other than the storm, which i believe they unblocked gps on)
    04-06-09 04:04 PM
    Verizon got Bachnsck to me. Sure most of you know this but the problem is that the pearl uses agps to provide navigator and 911 support. The a means assisted so that it has to use the Verizon network and can't run standalone programs like where or similar. A bummer but its my fault as a customer and not verizons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 05:23 PM
    Im not a fan cause it can't even find Atlanta, GA as a primary city...seriously...Poynt is better
    04-09-09 01:32 AM
    Honestly all i wanted was an option to post my GPS location to twitter. ...
    04-09-09 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD