Good morning, can anyone tell me where I can locate a list of the free apps being offered by RIM, looked at App World briefly but don't know what's usually free & what isn't?

Many thanks.
    10-19-11 02:59 AM
    wouldn't be surprised if they turned around and said we meant free 19th October 2012 lmao, I wasn't expecting anything so, if they do pop up later, I'm getting vlingo..its �19.99 normally.
    10-19-11 03:13 AM
    Don't know what device you are using, but I'm using the 9900 and it has App World 3.0 installed.
    As soon as I opened App world today, there was a category saying "A Thank You Gift From Blackberry". Clicked on that and up came a message of thanks and the App List which are available for free download.
    Currently there is only DriveSafe.ly. Also the apps selection is Device and region dependent.
    10-19-11 03:14 AM
    10-19-11 03:19 AM
    Yes I just noticed the DriveSafe.ly Pro as "Compliments of Blackberry", guess will just need to keep a check on App World today.
    10-19-11 03:22 AM
    If you read the fine print, the apps will be released between Oct 19 and Nov 30, so don't hold your breath for more to come out today.
    10-19-11 03:28 AM
    Thanks Michelle, if I had some idea where any print was, never mind fine I would check
    10-19-11 05:00 AM
    I think it's ridiculous that only one app was available today. I know they can't make them all available at once, but this is just sad. I'm sure not all customers will check AppWorld every day. Sad, sad.
    10-19-11 05:54 AM
    I think it's ridiculous that only one app was available today. I know they can't make them all available at once, but this is just sad. I'm sure not all customers will check AppWorld every day. Sad, sad.
    I don't think I deserve anything from RIM so I'm happy for any free thing they give. I really wouldn't complain for a free gesture from any company.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    torch1703 and MADBRADNYC like this.
    10-19-11 06:01 AM
    What is sad, is that people b!tch about free Premium Apps. RIM did not have to give us this offer, they could have just said we made a mistake and we are sorry. You don't have to check App World everyday to get the newest free App made available. All the apps will be made available at some point during the specified time frame and will remain free until the end of the year so it is not like they will put it on there one day and just remove it the next. So just wait a week or so and most of the Apps will be loaded soon, and will be available for download, and enjoy this offer RIM didn't have to extend.
    mike in nc likes this.
    10-19-11 07:26 AM
    The Drive Safe.ly app was available, just not for my Curve 9330. I hope they have some apps that are supported by my phone. If not I will be looking at Droid. My phone hasn't worked the same since the power outage: text alerts, phone ringing, alarms going off all at the same time. I have this happen at least once a day now. I shut it down and bring it back and it's fine for the day. Verizon doesn't know what's the matter.
    10-19-11 08:35 AM
    just a word of warning, when you download the driving app, clicked everything, it opens it up and in a load hands-free voice says 'thank you for downloading.....' and it does not shut up for a while. therefore I would not recommend downloading it in a quiet office environment
    10-19-11 09:26 AM
    sorry, also, not that I am moaning about the free app's they are giving, but my poor Pearl 3g keyboard does not compute with a few app's available on BBAW. I do prefer the smaller BB (I had a bold before) but things like texas hold'em was easier to use on a qwerty kb.
    10-19-11 09:29 AM
    So the apps are being staggered out.
    What a load of bs.
    Why not just put them online now...and let everyone pick what they want instead of longing the process out.
    Not everybody wants DriveSafely and wants to wait a while to finally get the app they may desire.
    10-19-11 11:32 AM
    You shouldn't be getting anything, if you can't wait then buy the app you want. Its rim being nice, they don't have to give you anything!

MADBRADNYC and trucky like this.
    10-19-11 11:38 AM
    I think they do not want to roll out all the free apps at once because Bb APP World will be overloaded with users downloading all the free apps at the same time.
    10-19-11 11:54 AM
    So the apps are being staggered out.
    What a load of bs.
    Why not just put them online now...and let everyone pick what they want instead of longing the process out.
    Not everybody wants DriveSafely and wants to wait a while to finally get the app they may desire.
    Right... Sure... RIM can release every single application now, just so AppWorld can crash.
    Then people like you would be asking for additional free applications for that as well.

If you have a history with AppWorld or even BetaZone, you would remember this has happened in the past. Which is why updates are now staggered, to prevent things like that from happening again.

And...This was also the outcry before. Prevent this from happening again!!! So they have...

What's going on with all of this instant gratification???... Me, Me, Me... Now, Now, Now...

They didn't have to do it, and everyone should be content with the generous offer itself.
    trucky and habs_fan like this.
    10-19-11 12:00 PM
    I don't know that I'll ever understand how people can be given something for free and then complain about it. If you don't want it, don't take it. If you like it, say thanks. Be grateful for what you have, not for what you wish you had.
    habs_fan likes this.
    10-19-11 01:24 PM
    I have yet to see anything offered when opening app world.

I take that back. Clicked on free gift and drive safely offered.
    Last edited by dgjackson40; 10-19-11 at 01:48 PM.
    10-19-11 01:45 PM
    You shouldn't be getting anything, if you can't wait then buy the app you want. Its rim being nice, they don't have to give you anything!

Of course they don't. I mean, asking for any kind of refund when we pay for something we don't get is INSANE! How dare people do that!
    10-19-11 02:10 PM
    Of course they don't. I mean, asking for any kind of refund when we pay for something we don't get is INSANE! How dare people do that!
    Talk to your carrier then. I still fail to see why u are entitled to anything. Yes it did go down (I day for me) calls still worked.

MADBRADNYC likes this.
    10-19-11 02:24 PM

Its not that I cannot wait, heck majority of Blackberry Apps are horrible but thats another story.
    I'm just saying its overly stupid why they don't just release all the promised Apps at once.

Well after that 3 day Outage.
    They should give us something for it.
    Things like this shouldn't happen for that long.
    10-19-11 02:29 PM
    Surely another reason RIM cannot release "all the free apps at once" is that they need to negotiate with the companies whose apps they are about to give away. SOMEONE will need to pay those developers and RIM will be talking bulk discounts with them, as well as having to check if those companies can handle a large influx of new clients. Not every app developer will the internal network structure to handle a flood of new support calls and update requests from a "free" release.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    10-19-11 02:43 PM
    So many questions. Do they pick $100.00 worth and you get to download one? Do you get to download $100.00 total of their choices? What if we have multiple phones on an account.
    Last edited by n4tbg; 10-19-11 at 03:20 PM.
    10-19-11 02:50 PM
    Please. Let's have some intellectual honesty here...
    Its not that I cannot wait...
    According to your previous post. You cannot seem to wait. But, you will. Period.
    heck majority of Blackberry Apps are horrible but thats another story.
    That is your opinion with a right to have it. So, I see no need for your "request" if they are horrible. Just don't download them.
    I'm just saying its overly stupid why they don't just release all the promised Apps at once.
    Releases have been staggered for quite a while now, with no problems. The only stupid thing for them to do is go back to an unstable release of multiple free applications for users around the world. If that's your idea...
    Well after that 3 day Outage. They should give us something for it.
    No. They shouldn't. And, don't have to. Read your TOS (terms of service) closely.
    Things like this shouldn't happen for that long.
    No they shouldn't. But it did. Be pleased with the fact you can get a horrible application for free in due time.
    10-19-11 06:17 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD