In the Thank You section of app world there has only been Bubble Bash 2 and DriveSafe.ly Pro... Where are the rest? It's been a week now and no new free apps?
    10-27-11 11:39 AM
    In the Thank You section of app world there has only been Bubble Bash 2 and DriveSafe.ly Pro... Where are the rest? It's been a week now and no new free apps?
    they did say it's between now and the end of the year so i guess we just gotta wait and see.
    10-27-11 11:49 AM
    they never said they were putting them out there immediately or one each day. just that they would be available until the end of the year.
    10-27-11 12:09 PM
    All of the free Apps will be out by November 30th as stated here on Blackberry's FB page Thanking BlackBerry Customers for their Loyalty & Support: FAQs | Facebook, so you will have a full month to download all of the free Thank You apps.

Q. What is the Thank You from BlackBerry Offer?
    A: We announced on Monday, October 17, that a selection of premium apps worth a total estimated value of more than US $100 will be offered free of charge to customers as an expression of appreciation for their patience during the recent service disruptions. The various premium apps will become available (free of charge) on BlackBerry App World on different dates between October 19 – November 30. All of these apps will remain available to download at no charge until December 31, 2011, and they are yours to keep afterward as well. Starting January 1, 2012, these premium apps will return to full price on BlackBerry App World.

The full press release will be available at RIM News - Research In Motion Newsroom

Q. When does this offer expire?
    A. Customers can download these premium apps until December 31, 2011.
    For users with a BIS Lite or BBM-only plan, these free apps will be downloadable over Wi-Fi from BlackBerry App World beginning in November 2011.

Q. What apps are available?
    A. Research In Motion (RIM) is working in partnership with a select list of developers to offer more than $100 USD worth of premium apps to BlackBerry� users. Only those apps will be available through this offer. The list of apps available may vary by country. Please check BlackBerry App World to confirm the availability of apps in your country. The list of developers and the apps that will be available include the following (with more to come):

SIMS 3 - Electronic Arts
    Bejeweled - Electronic Arts
    N.O.V.A. - Gameloft
    Texas Hold’em Poker 2 - Gameloft
    Bubble Bash 2 - Gameloft
    Photo Editor Ultimate - Ice Cold Apps
    DriveSafe.ly Pro - iSpeech.org
    iSpeech Translator Pro - iSpeech.org
    Drive Safe.ly Enterprise - iSpeech.org
    Nobex Radio™ Premium - Nobex
    Documents To Go Premium Edition - RIM/DataViz
    Shazam Encore - Shazam
    Vlingo Plus: Virtual Assistant - Vlingo

Q. How will the free apps be marked in BlackBerry App World?
    A. As apps become available through this offer, they can be found in the App World carousel in a category called “A Thank You Gift from BlackBerry.” We will also announce the availability of new free apps on Facebook and Twitter to make it easy for you to find and download them when they’re released. We encourage you to connect with the BlackBerry Facebook page in your area, too, for the latest news, events, and product announcements for your country and region: BlackBerry - Worldwide | Facebook.

Q. I already have some of those apps. Can I get a substitute or a credit instead?
    A. No. In an effort to reach out to our customers around the world, in an individual way that would not impose/create tax/income/currency exchange challenges, we are offering our valued customers these premier apps at no cost. They have been hand-selected, and we hope you will enjoy them.

Q. If I previously purchased one of these apps, can I get a refund for it?
    A. This program will be available beginning Wednesday, October 19 through December 31, 2011. There will not be a refund for customers who purchased apps available through this program outside of this time frame.

Q. Can I let my friend redeem my free app?
    A. This offer is available to all BlackBerry smartphone customers with access to BlackBerry� App World™. If you do not currently have BlackBerry App World on your smartphone you can download it from BlackBerry App World

Q. Are there plans for further compensation?
    A. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the service interruptions and delays you recently experienced. You depend on us for reliable, real-time communications for your organization, and we let you down. We realize that the impact of the service challenges was significant, and to help, we would like to offer you these new, premier apps at no cost as our way of saying, “Thank you for your patience, and apologies for any inconvenience.”

Q. How will the apps be free to customers? Will there be a credit associated to their BBID? Or will there be a promo code? Or will the apps just be free to anyone until the end of the year?
    A. The free apps will be placed in a special category on the BlackBerry App World carousel named “Thank You Gift from BlackBerry." The apps in this category can be downloaded at no cost to all active BlackBerry smartphone users until December 31, 2011.

Q: After December 31, 2011 when the Thank You offer ends, will I have to pay for the apps I’ve downloaded?
    A: No, you won’t have to pay for the app once you’ve downloaded it for free. All of the apps selected for the Thank You Gift offer will be available to download at no charge until December 31, 2011, and they are yours to keep and use afterward. Starting January 1, 2012, these premium apps will return to their full price on BlackBerry App World, so be sure to take advantage of the free Thank You offer by downloading them at no cost on or before December 31, 2011.

Q. How is RIM going to ensure that I am not charged for the apps?
    A. Separate SKUs will be created for each app in BlackBerry App World. You won’t have to pay for the app once you’ve downloaded it for free. All of the apps selected for the Thank You Gift offer will be available to download at no charge until December 31, 2011, and they are yours to keep and use afterward, even if you upgrade your device or software. This will be managed through your BlackBerry ID account.

Q. How does the $100 US offer work in other regions? Will the currency be converted?
    A. To clarify, the Thank You offer is the no-cost access to premium apps – they have an overall estimated value of more than $100 USD. The apps will be available through the “Thank You Gift from BlackBerry” category in BlackBerry App World at no charge. As the apps will be free to all customers, no account credits will be required or distributed.

Q. How can I create a BlackBerry ID?
    A. KB24062 - How to create a BlackBerry ID - KB24062-How to create a BlackBerry ID

Q. How can I reset my BlackBerry ID password?
    A. KB26361 - How to reset a BlackBerry ID password - KB26361-How to reset a BlackBerry ID password

Q. How can I confirm what my BlackBerry ID Username is?
    A. KB28684 - How to confirm what my BlackBerry ID Username is - KB28684-How to confirm what my BlackBerry ID Username is

Q. How can I reset my password using my password recovery question?
    A. KB28685 - How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question - KB28685- How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question

Q. Will customers be required to have internet to take advantage of this offer?
    A. These free apps valued at more than $100 USD, will be downloadable from BlackBerry App World, which requires either an internet plan or downloads over Wi-Fi from BlackBerry App World (beginning in November 2011).

Q. Will apps only be available for devices that have software version 5.0 and later?
    A. All apps will be available for devices running software version 5.0 and later, and some will also be available for device software 4.5 and 4.6. Please check BlackBerry App World to confirm the availability of apps for your device.

Q. Will all of the apps be available in every country?
    A. The apps that will be available through the “Thank You Gift from BlackBerry” offer were selected to ensure they were available globally. However, there are some regions where there are exceptions for some of the apps, and there are a limited number of countries that will not be able to access BlackBerry App World.

Q. BlackBerry App World is not available in my country. Where can I get the free apps from?
    A. Unfortunately, the free app offer is only available through BlackBerry App World. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Q. I do not have a data plan that allows me access to BlackBerry App World. Where can I get the free apps from?
    A. Unfortunately the free app offer is only available through BlackBerry App World. Please feel free to check with your carrier about potentially upgrading your plan so that you can participate in the free app offer.

Q. For Enterprise customers who may not have BlackBerry AppWorld due to policies deployed by their BES Administrator, will RIM provide files (COD and ALX) so the apps can be deployed from the BES?
    A. Unfortunately, the free app offer is only available through BlackBerry App World. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Q. Will SMB and Enterprise customers have access to all of the free apps?
    A. If an app is not suitable for an SMB or Enterprise customer, the BES administrator for that company will have the ability to block the app.
    10-27-11 12:29 PM
    And if the app is not compatible with your device, it won't show on the list. I see TWO, others say they have 3 or 4 available.
    10-27-11 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD