I wanted to start some topic about this theme...

I as many have latest version of FB for BB and it doesn't work. Nortificatiob status are broken and all nortification are not recognize by app. And now I'm reading abour FB app for iPhone and becomming more jelious. How is great and better than app for BB. And they also have chat in they app. I wanna have chat too. FB chat has now become my defult way for communication with people and I'm sure a lot people are use it too...

So what is RIM doing?
    07-13-08 11:45 AM
    Maybe in the future we will see the chat in a later version of facebook for blackberry. I think that would be a great feature, and would be even better if they would fix our app to work properly.
    07-13-08 12:16 PM
    I don't know whar are they waiting for this fix. I read somewhere they they like write this app in 2 hours. So they can take some 10 min to fix it...
    07-13-08 01:17 PM
    I must agree. The lack of facebook chat in the bb app is sad. Someone needs to fix this.
    08-12-08 10:54 AM
    I'd be happy to wait logner for the chat function if facebook would spend some more time making sure the FB app was a little more reliable in terms of receiving notifications etc.
    08-12-08 12:02 PM
    agreed!!!!!
    08-12-08 12:02 PM
    chat function would be freakin sweet....
    08-12-08 12:04 PM
    I would love a chat function, but getting the notifications to work consistently is what I would like them to focus on first.
    08-14-08 11:21 AM
    People actually use that crappy FB Chat?!

08-14-08 11:25 AM
    FB uses the jabber servers. should be able to access it with any IM client that uses jabber im.
    08-16-08 08:23 AM
    try looking up palringo on gewgo (google)

it has facebook chat, works quite nicely. only problem is it's completely independent of the phone notification system unlike the aim and msn clients designed for the blackberry.
    i.e. no vibrate or custom ringtones, just an annoying chirping noise that's really loud and can't be turned down
    05-02-09 11:02 PM
    I wanted to start some topic about this theme...

I as many have latest version of FB for BB and it doesn't work. Nortificatiob status are broken and all nortification are not recognize by app. And now I'm reading abour FB app for iPhone and becomming more jelious. How is great and better than app for BB. And they also have chat in they app. I wanna have chat too. FB chat has now become my defult way for communication with people and I'm sure a lot people are use it too...

So what is RIM doing?
    I can't imagine anything using a keyboard being YOUR default way of communication....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 02:34 AM
    I am using facebook chat on my BB through IM+. Works well but not free :-(

05-03-09 05:31 AM
    Beejive beta (also not free) includes basic support for FB chat.
    05-03-09 10:32 AM
    True, have got beejive too and it isn't and stable as IM+ for facebook chat. Beejive randomly logs you out from time to time

05-03-09 12:38 PM
    Try eBuddy... Search it its free all in one client that includes facebook chat.

05-03-09 03:49 PM
    I tried the im+ app and didn't really care for it. It would be so much easier for them to just put it in the next facebook app. I would really be happy.

05-03-09 10:37 PM
    I also have both im+ and beejive.
    The im+ is a lot more stable but I like the look of beejive.
    I am just waiting to see what it is like when fb chat comes out of beta for beejive

05-04-09 12:36 AM
    IM+ does it all for me. I like it b/c I am a big Skype user. I also don't lke having to use multple apps to use the stuff I like.

05-04-09 12:40 AM
    feel free to add me

vickings from paris

256f75c2

05-17-09 03:42 PM
    I agreed with u all guys. If you guys need a free instant messaging application,includes gtalk,windows live messenger,yahoo messenger,skype calls,etc,you can download Nimbuzz
    It is completely free and works nice.
    06-19-09 05:08 AM
    make it please!
    07-10-09 08:12 AM
    Apps that support Facebook Chat:

[Free Apps]
    - Nimbuzz
    - eBuddy
    - Palringo

[$]
    - IM+
    - BeeJive/JiveTalk

Not sure if Instango supports FB chat or not.
    07-10-09 09:21 AM
    Facebook chat is supported in IM+
    07-10-09 10:43 AM
    So did we decide which of the free ones is the best?

07-11-09 05:02 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD