Sorry if this has been already covered.

There was a pre-installed icon on my device of the Where App. So I installed it and used it.. It was pretty cool.

Today, trying to use it.. It was checking for AT&T Subscription. Is this app not free? I was under the assumption that no subscription is needed.

Does anyone know if this app is free or not?

Thanks in advance
    08-13-10 09:16 AM
    It is a subscription. If you like that then go download POYNT. It is free. Better yet, just download Google Maps.... it doesn't do the intuitive search but if you know what you are looking for then it is rock solid.
    08-13-10 09:21 AM
    I have google maps..
    The Torch is a new toy right now and I am just installing all the apps I can find lol. Thanks for your help KG
    08-13-10 09:25 AM
    Hi JordanJr,
    kg19989 is correct that on select devices (including your Torch) WHERE is a subscription based app. However, we do offer a free 7 day trial for users and load plenty of great extra features into our premium version of WHERE available on your Torch. Try out WHERE for the week and let us know how you like it! You can cancel after the 7 days by contacting AT&T or visting https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=WeGAFPSX
    Hope this helps!
    -N
    Where, Inc.
    08-13-10 03:55 PM
    Thanks, I just canceled the WHERE subscription I didn't notice I signed up for...

I'm sure this is on the forums, but how exactly do I delete all the icons to install all of At&t's paid crap. I have no interest in giving them any more money and definitely don't want to install something that might cost money and I didn't even notice it. Other than hide, is there a way to do this.
    08-13-10 08:43 PM
    BTW I tried calling the 1800 # provided in the WHERE app and it transferred me to 4 different people, regular people, who were just answering their phones. Is this company a scam?
    02-15-11 03:06 PM
    Poynt is a much better app and doesn't require any subscription at all. I'm not even sure what WHERE does that Poynt doesn't...
    02-15-11 03:16 PM
    Thanks, I just canceled the WHERE subscription I didn't notice I signed up for...

I'm sure this is on the forums, but how exactly do I delete all the icons to install all of At&t's paid crap. I have no interest in giving them any more money and definitely don't want to install something that might cost money and I didn't even notice it. Other than hide, is there a way to do this.
    Its easier to hide all the "crap" by way of the menu key

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-11 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD