i downloaded an update to the application "where" last night and now every time my phone boots it's running in the background. as far as i know the previous version didn't do this and am looking for a way to download the older version. any help is appreciated.

i tried to search but the word "where" is too common and gets removed making any meaningful search completely useless.

the version i have is 1.6 i can't remember for sure but i believe i had 1.5 before, i can't remember if it was 1.5.xxx or similar.

i used kisses to view the running processes.

thanks
    03-19-10 06:47 AM
    Hi wdfly,

The new version of WHERE does run a very low power process in the background to look for severe weather alerts. No worries though - this process uses almost no battery, and will not affect any function of your device. You can register for severe weather alerts under weather and receive notifications when severe weather is approaching in your selected city.

Hope this helps!
    03-19-10 08:37 AM
    If it really bothers you, you could start using the Poynt app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 12:14 PM
    After I DL'd the update the app was acting strangely and was having a heck of a hard time finding my location. I grew tired of the whole process and deleted it after having it on my Tour for 7 mos. Now I strictly use Poynt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 12:24 PM
    I also vote for Poynt.
    03-19-10 12:25 PM
    i have been using poynt, and prefer it really for just as long as i had been using where. as for the weather, i already have weatherbug elite so i have that covered. i've deleted it and will just use poynt from now on. thanks for the replies and taking time to write them. have a great weekend.
    03-19-10 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD