I downloaded the where app and it says to update your location. I tried typing the town i live in and state but it didnt work. Does anyone know how to update it? please respond back. thanks
    03-05-09 03:55 PM
    I typed in mine and it worked. Try a bigger nearby town??
    03-05-09 04:28 PM
    Enter Zip Code
    Hit Enter
    Hit Enter again.

Or use GPS.
    03-05-09 04:31 PM
    it didnt work for me either....i did a battery pull and the app worked fine however that was with using the gps functionality...but ne way try a bettery pull
    03-05-09 04:32 PM
    i had the same problem. go to your options, advanced options, gps, gps services (select on) then go back to wherehit select my location then have the gps find you.
    03-05-09 04:35 PM
    Is anyone else having issues with GPS not finding your location?

I cant get it to work so i put it in manually but its pointless to have if it doesnt find where your at on your own
    03-05-09 05:18 PM
    i downloaded where at like 930 when i woke up this morning with a full bat and now its 330 and i have one bar left. now this might sound normal for some of you with bat issues but i havent had any bat drain prob with my new one storm(mexican). before my bat would have lasted at least a day and a half, two days if i wasnt on it much. coensidence...... although i did download buzzberry late last night. **** ive got some testing to do..
    03-05-09 05:54 PM
    Do a battery pull after you install it and make sure your GPS and location aid are on.

On another note anyone know how you can read an entire review using Yelp? I click on the individual review and read part of it but there's no scroll and next to read the rest of a review.
    03-05-09 06:23 PM
    i cant even find where to download it from. i go to the site on my phone, and its just like a directory like the app would be but no where to download?
    03-05-09 06:24 PM
    Do a battery pull after you install it and make sure your GPS and location aid are on.

On another note anyone know how you can read an entire review using Yelp? I click on the individual review and read part of it but there's no scroll and next to read the rest of a review.
    Did multiple battery pulls, updated roaming capabilities and still not finding my location. GPS location is set to on with no luck. Any other suggestions?
    03-05-09 06:33 PM
    Holy cow! I just noticed my phone is using up the battery like crazy too. I might leave it on for a day or so. If it doesn't get better, this app is gone.
    03-05-09 06:37 PM
    i found out that i needed to reinstall BB Maps in order for it to find my GPS.

Just my two cents. I think the app works only with BB Maps
    03-05-09 08:11 PM
    I deleted it .. killed my battery within 6-8 hours
    03-05-09 08:37 PM
    Here is some help for updating your location:

We’ve had several inquiries about problems with finding your location on the newly launched WHERE application for the BlackBerry Storm.
    Here are three of the most common solutions:

1. Enable GPS on your device and then try and locate using GPS. This will enable the LBS permissions needed to self report your location. For users that already had the GPS enabled this is not an issue.

2. You can also set your Location permissions manually by going to Options – Advanced – Applications - Where_9500 Click menu then edit permissions. Under connections set “Location Data” to allow. This will allow for self reporting your location.

3. Please make sure to have BlackBerry Maps installed in order for the WHERE application to find your location.
    03-09-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD