Hey folks, I'm new to the blackberry scene so forgive me if this may seem like a newb question.

I just downloaded Whatsapp onto my blackberry and when I try to open it, it goes to the initializing screen and it stays in the registering category forever. Wonder if there is something im missing, because it wont do anything, just continue registering.

If there is a solution to this please advise. I just wanted to make sure I didnt select the wrong Application and this current one isn't slowly destorying the phone from the inside. Like I said I'm new to the BB scene haha.

thanks.
    Last edited by buddahluvaz8; 01-10-11 at 12:12 PM.
    01-10-11 12:09 PM
    I got the same problem actually.. I don't know how to get it fixed too..
    01-14-11 09:36 PM
    *Bump*

I have the same problem! Has it something to do with not having BIS? I have a dataplan without BIS!

Is there another WhatsApp version around that doesnt use BIS?
    05-26-11 04:54 AM
    It usually takes about 5-15 mins to register after a phone reboot.

U can try another version by going to beta.whatsapp.com/ota .. Its an advanced beta version but I installd it y'day and it works fine!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-11 12:46 PM
    I installed the latest OS Thread here

Then I downloaded whatsapp, ald all worked perfectly, within seconds.

Thanks!
    05-27-11 01:43 AM
    You have to have a BIS plan in order for whatsapp to work.
    I had this problem when I didn't have a BIS plan, but after I got one, it worked great!
    05-27-11 05:58 PM
    Hey,
    I'm planning to buy a blackberry bold 9780. But im hooked up to whatsapp on my old phone. So i wanted to ask whether i can use whatsapp on a blackberry WITHOUT a bis and only through normal gprs data plans ? And how ?
    Because BIS is like 4x costlier than the normal data plans.
    07-19-11 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD