So whenever I try to send a picture, it says whatsapp is requesting an NFC connection. But the request keeps coming even though I've selected 'allow' and 'do not ask again' it eventually freezes and nothing else works. Anyone else getting this?
    11-30-11 09:07 AM
    The only app that I have not installed since my other two bold 9900 bricked itself in the night was the whatsapp app.

Could it be that this app is causing the bricking issue?
    11-30-11 01:27 PM
    The only app that I have not installed since my other two bold 9900 bricked itself in the night was the whatsapp app.

Have Whatsapp for 3 months nothing happened
    -running .540 official
    11-30-11 01:30 PM
    So whenever I try to send a picture, it says whatsapp is requesting an NFC connection. But the request keeps coming even though I've selected 'allow' and 'do not ask again' it eventually freezes and nothing else works. Anyone else getting this?
    You need to make sure that you enable NFC before you even try to send a pic & You'll be fine.
    12-31-11 04:08 PM

Your 9900 BBs bricking has nothing to do with WhatsApp.

Problems with initial OS of this phone has been reported, google for "Blackberry 9900 bricking"; you'll find an article from TheVerge. ( Can't post any links yet sorry)

BBOS 7.1.0.74 has been pretty stable for me thus far.

For the proper version of Whatsapp for this OS version,

search for "WhatsApp blackberry 7.1"

Hope this will still help!
    12-31-11 04:27 PM
    i'm having the exact same issue, any app that need you to select an image comes up with multiple requests to allow NFC permissions. actually 1 per image in the folder, only solution i have found is a battery pull.

Any solutions/suggestions?
    01-05-12 05:25 AM
    Tell WhatsApp about it so they can adjust the permissions to ignore NFC. It's not supposed to request those, SocialScope had the same issue but it's an easy fix for them to implement.
    kuleke likes this.
    01-05-12 05:33 AM
    thanks for the help Bla1ze,

i went and manually allowed the NFC connection in the application section of the BB and now works great...

wonder why NFC was needed when selecting pictures...
    01-05-12 06:51 AM
    Just go to applications in settings and edit whatsapp permissions to deny NFC use and you're fine.. worked for me on my 9900!
    06-08-12 04:26 AM
    The problem here is that the BlackBerry FilePicker component that we use for selecting media seems to want NFC permissions for no apparent reason. While this may very well be a bug in the OS, that doesn't make it any less annoying to the end-user. It actually annoys me personally as well, since my daily phone is a 9900 with OS 7.1.

That being said, the latest beta (2.8.1106 or newer) attempts to fix this. What we now do on NFC-enabled 7.0+ phones, is check if NFC permission is set to "Prompt". If it is, then WhatsApp will request NFC permissions on startup. (If its set to "Allow" or "Deny", we simply ignore it.)
    07-23-12 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD