If someone knows of another messaging app out there that is free around the world and doesn't suck up your battery, now is the time to speak up. Thanks!
    Kakaotalk.
    go1ndr likes this.
    12-06-12 02:09 AM

I also see you have this fixation on data. Data plans must be very expensive where you live. They are cheap in Canada and the US.
    Data plans are a big deal in areas of the would where a five hour drive can see you crossing three international borders.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-06-12 07:57 AM
    Lucky I do not have to worry whether Whatsapp or BBM is better.

I have them both in my 9800, and only BB give me best of both world!
    12-06-12 09:47 AM
    Kakaotalk.
    Roo Zilla: have you used this app? Do you use it often? Any notice of excessive battery drain? I've actually read a lot of negative reviews on it. Shame that BBM is only BBM to BBM! Thanks in advance for your input!
    12-06-12 02:33 PM
    Roo Zilla: have you used this app? Do you use it often? Any notice of excessive battery drain? I've actually read a lot of negative reviews on it. Shame that BBM is only BBM to BBM! Thanks in advance for your input!
    I use it a few times a week, I have some friends in Korea who use it. I haven't noticed any excessive battery drain on my iPhone. It works pretty well, and but downloading the voice chats can some times be slow, although I haven't noticed it lately. It's possible they fixed that problem in a recent update. If it means anything, it's ISO27001 certified, meaning it's pretty secure as these types of apps go.
    12-06-12 02:54 PM
    Nobody I know uses Whatsapp. One of my friends used to have it on their iPhone but they switched to Android and didn't bother to reinstall it.

For my friends that don't have a BlackBerry I just add them into BBM as a Text Contact.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    12-06-12 03:07 PM
    I use it a few times a week, I have some friends in Korea who use it. I haven't noticed any excessive battery drain on my iPhone. It works pretty well, and but downloading the voice chats can some times be slow, although I haven't noticed it lately. It's possible they fixed that problem in a recent update. If it means anything, it's ISO27001 certified, meaning it's pretty secure as these types of apps go.
    Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try. I actually don't think the battery drain would be that bad on What'sApp if it is used correctly, meaning you actually close it (Exit) after using it each time rather than just hitting the escape key. The problem is that when we get a message from someone on it, or send one on it, we have a normal tendency to just hit the escape key and wait for the reply. That leaves the program open in the background and running-sucking up battery like no tomorrow. I'll post on here how it goes with other app when I use it for a while. Thanks again for the info.
    12-06-12 03:08 PM
    Moved to BB Apps!
    12-06-12 03:14 PM
    Your comment about leaving one platform for another shouldn't cause fear unless you've been a Ford owner all your life and made a deal on a new Hyundai don't fear change, embrace it and see where it will take you!! I've owner Pontiac, Chevy, Simca, Ford, Dodge, Honda, Mazda, Volvo, Volkswagon, and Toyota, over the past 47 years, some were better than others however they all provided transportation and usually got me from a to b and the various tablets will do likewise. Like automobiles they will get better as time goes by.

I'll tell you fear, I've just bought a Playbook for my 7 year old daughter for Christmas and I'm afraid she'll have it figured out before I can get it set up and running. I took her into Future Shop last weekend and she started up a PB on display and had a blast with multiple pages open and different aps engaged. Hopefully she'll lite somewhere for more than 60 seconds and enjoy many different experiences within the Tablet operations.

I have seen the parental control aps listed, can anyone recomment one over another?
    12-06-12 11:07 PM
    Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try. I actually don't think the battery drain would be that bad on What'sApp if it is used correctly, meaning you actually close it (Exit) after using it each time rather than just hitting the escape key. The problem is that when we get a message from someone on it, or send one on it, we have a normal tendency to just hit the escape key and wait for the reply. That leaves the program open in the background and running-sucking up battery like no tomorrow. I'll post on here how it goes with other app when I use it for a while. Thanks again for the info.
    Update:
    I sent an email to What'sApp Support asking why the battery drain would be so great with their app, and the reply I got was a link to a FAQ on their website--but with a direct extension on the thread addressing some issues with 7.1. They suggested I delete the app completely from my device/appWorld and then reinstall the newest version (that is actually dated 2010 but must have had the updates put in it- as it says its for the 7.1 OS) via AppWorld!! The second suggestion was/is to be aware of when someone texts you on it, and to make sure and answer it if possible, and then hit "close" and then on the menu hit "exit" which completely closes the program down so it doesn't continue to run in the back ground.

So, I did it as directed--deleted the old app (wasn't that old) and cleared it from AppWorld. Then I did a reboot battery pull and reinstalled it/restart. I gave it the permissions it asked for and up it came, showing past text messages that were held in their cloud I'm sure. I then hit "close" but not exit and sure enough, even though it appeared to be closed, it was not and was running in the background. So I then opened it back up, hit "close" and then hit the menu again and hit "exit" and that closed it completely. Bottom line is that the battery drain is now normal and no discharge due to What'sApp. Hope this helps someone else on here as well. Thanks!
    12-07-12 04:19 PM
    They suggested I delete the app completely from my device/appWorld and then reinstall the newest version (that is actually dated 2010 but must have had the updates put in it- as it says its for the 7.1 OS) via AppWorld!!
    Just for future reference, you may want to get your updates from whatsapp.com/ota . This app gets updated quite a bit, and for a while, those updates were not showing up in AW for me. It may have changed now, but I still get them from the OTA link.
    12-07-12 08:39 PM
    Just for future reference, you may want to get your updates from whatsapp.com/ota . This app gets updated quite a bit, and for a while, those updates were not showing up in AW for me. It may have changed now, but I still get them from the OTA link.
    Good idea! I paint it back on and first 18 hrs were good with no battery drain but now it's back and this the only app that could be causing it
    12-08-12 02:50 PM
62 123