I've download whatsapp on my phone and I just realized that it only works on 3G. My wifi is on because when I go to my browser it shows the Wifi symbol, but when I go on whatsapp it switches back to 3G. Anyone can help me with my problem?

BTW, does whatsapp use data when no messages are being sent or receive but its just on.

Thanks.
    08-27-12 04:28 PM
    You must have an active BIS plan to run whatsapp on BB .. What kind of BB you have ??
    08-27-12 09:12 PM
    I have a blackberry curve 9330. I'm not sure if I have BIS or not but its a social data plan. I check on my phone and it says that I used 7mb of my 75mb data. So I assume I have data. What's weird is that when I first downloaded whatsapp, it was to my wifi and not all I see is 3G.
    08-27-12 11:28 PM
    Social plans mean BlackBerry Messenger, Windows Live, Yahoo Messenger, MySpace?, Facebook, and Google Talk.

Anything else, such as weather apps, RSS News, Mapping apps, other IM apps, etc. are not covered. Including WhatsApp.
    08-28-12 01:08 PM
    I see what you mean. But why does it go into my 75mb of data shouldn't it have gone to a different data, like the one where you pay per. And even though I don't have the data plan shouldn't I be able to use my wifi because I am able to use my wifi with my browser.
    08-28-12 03:27 PM
    You can't use Whatsapp with wifi only as it requires BIS to connect to its servers . So you'd need a regular data plan BIS only to make it working.
    09-14-12 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD