last night my torch had a blackberry system update and after the update my whatsapp is no longer displaying names, just phone numbers. all of my whatsapp contacts are in my phone book but none of them are displaying. anyone have any idea how to fix this?
    08-11-11 08:04 PM
    On your Favs list, hit Menu>Refresh Favorites. If that doesn't work, try another battery pull. If that doesn't work, un/reinstall WhatsApp. If THAT doesn't work, contact WhatsApp support at WhatsApp :: Contact
    08-12-11 10:02 AM
    battery pull fixed it...should have thought of that first.
    08-12-11 05:18 PM
    Hi, I have a BlackBerry 9320 and have the same problem.....
    I have unistalled WhatsApp twice, refreshed favourites and taken out the battery and rebooted, but it still doesn't work!!!

Please help/advise
    11-04-12 02:02 PM
    Just wait a little longer, it happened to me that it took 2 days to show all the names again.

Also, when i enter a new contact in my bb contact list and he uses whatsapp it still might take a day or two for that contact to show up as available in whatsapp...

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    11-04-12 04:48 PM
    I also have the same problem this morning on my BB 9320 and I just bought it last week,I hv tried taking the ba3 off and also tried to refresh my favourites but still no Joy :-(
    11-05-12 01:32 AM
    Please follow all of rrrebo's suggestions, including the last step, if you're still having issues:
    On your Favs list, hit Menu>Refresh Favorites. If that doesn't work, try another battery pull. If that doesn't work, un/reinstall WhatsApp. If THAT doesn't work, contact WhatsApp support at WhatsApp :: Contact
    However, please contact support from within the app itself. (Settings tab -> About -> Contact support) This way, writing into support will also send us logs that help us figure out these sorts of issues.

When you write into support, you will initially get an automated reply with some suggestions. If you have already tried these, just reply directly to that e-mail and it will get forwarded on to a human to directly answer.
    rrrebo likes this.
    11-05-12 11:02 AM
    Hello Friends,

Instead of pulling the battery out and refreshing, do the below steps.

1. go to settings -->security and privacy --> application permissions --> select whatsapp --> make all the options "on"

come back and see the difference.

thanks

Liju
    04-15-13 06:50 AM
    As above;
    Settings-Security and Privacy-Application Permissions-WhatsApp
    Make sure all are set to allow
    Reboot!
    07-03-15 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD