I downloaded the Whatsapp Messenger for my 9300 but it fails during registration and asks me to reboot or re-install the app than I download it again but it does the same thing I'm currently using bb social for ym, fb, twitter etc. do i need to be subscribed to the unlimated data plan to access whatsapp?

really need your help thanks
    04-23-11 10:53 PM
    whatsapp on 9300 has been doing my headin the last couple of weeks. Resinstalled it a couple of times but i finally got it working.

even though youre on 3G, check the APN settings, thats what made the difference for me
    04-24-11 04:24 AM
    still does not work registration failed need to reboot or re-install on going issue
    04-24-11 09:09 PM
    I am so having the same issue with that app also -it's stuck in registration.. I've tried a couple of times of reinstall it..same problem occur ..I just removed the app for good.
    04-25-11 07:50 AM
    allen999, from your bb social plan, I don't think it covers access to Whatsapp. Whatsapp needs the unlimited data. Try to register while on Wifi. Cause Whatsapp runs on Wifi too. It may take a long time to register the app, leave it running in the background (without exiting the app). That's what I've done in the past.
    Last edited by evil.bunny; 04-25-11 at 09:52 PM.
    04-25-11 09:43 PM
    im not on a bb plan, using a 200mb plan which actually covers me for a whole monthes use of internet on a BB, so the plan ur using shouldnt be your problem.

But as i said earlier, a couple of re-installations did the job and dont forget to remove the battery after uninstall,
    04-28-11 05:13 AM
    I don't think WhatsApp needs an Unlimited Data Plan, because i have it running on a 300mb/month and it's just fine..

Why don't you try downloading the app from the beta website?

from here: WhatsApp for BlackBerry

Install the latest and try, are you sure you're registering the phone correctly? with the proper phone number and international code?
    04-28-11 12:24 PM
    Sorry for the confusion, what I meant by unlimited data plan is that includes browsing/other app access besides just social. Sometimes when it specifies social it could mean just strict access to certain apps (FB, twitter, BBM). That's how it goes for plans in my country. When I'm on these restricted plans, access to Whatsapp is impossible except through Wifi.

Of course, it would help if Allen999 could give us more info what sort of plan he has and what country.
    04-28-11 07:57 PM
    Ohhh okokok, i see, sorry, i misunderstood your post :$
    04-28-11 07:58 PM
    Search for -TCP/IP in your Blackberry under settings and tick on APN and then save it and restart by removing the battery, it will work fine. Good luck
    03-30-13 04:57 AM
    When in whatsapp available for z10? I extremely need this app. In bb app world they said 'not available for this device'.
    So..WHEN IT WIll BE????

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 06:12 PM
    It's available already. Check again or even check online and scan the code. It might not pick up Ur phone...m good luck

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD