WhatsApp Contacts Sync?
I just got WhatsApp, and had 50 contacts that already had it, some of my mums friends have it too. So she asked me to get it for her, so I downloaded the App and confirmed her number, I sent myself a message to test it, and it didn't come up with her name, it just came up with her number with +44 in it, even though all my contacts are saved as '07etc.' If I 'Add' her, it just adds the number again in the +44 format.. Why does it do that? Surely it should realise that I already have her number, like it did with my 50 other contacts during the initial setup?
- 12-29-2012, 01:23 AM #3
Have you tried forcing a sync - go to your favorites in WhatsApp and you can force a sync from the icon in the top left.
WhatsApp will sync every so often to check with the servers to see which of your contacts are registered as WhatsApp users.
- By trez09 in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 20Last Post: 01-14-2009, 11:14 PM
- By firstname.lastname@example.org in forum BlackBerry AdministratorsReplies: 6Last Post: 05-20-2008, 06:52 PM
- By MDossous82 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 4Last Post: 03-20-2008, 01:29 PM
- By TX8310 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 0Last Post: 01-01-2008, 12:08 AM
- By joates in forum Business UsersReplies: 2Last Post: 11-30-2007, 09:02 PM