What's going on developers? It seems like we're in sort of a "drought" of app releases currently... I've got some money waiting to be spent on good new apps... Hope we see something new soon... Maybe by the weekend?
    06-25-09 12:15 AM
    A couple of good ones just came out recently, Buzzd being one of them.

But then again, I guess it really depends on what you're looking for.

If it's something cheesy: Banner.... or something useful but a tad bit pricey:BEIKS-English-Dictionary-and-Thesaurus-Bundle-for-BlackBerry
    06-25-09 12:33 AM
    What's going on developers? It seems like we're in sort of a "drought" of app releases currently... I've got some money waiting to be spent on good new apps... Hope we see something new soon... Maybe by the weekend?
    Go ahead and write some for us.
    06-25-09 06:17 AM
    because they charge an arm and a leg for apps that have less function than free ones on "other" platforms
    06-25-09 08:32 AM
    I guess it differs for everybodies tastes but i have never found there to be a shortage of apps to check out. Whether i download and try is a different story. But there are many new threads in the section everyday about apps i never knew about.
    06-25-09 09:39 AM
    I'm in the process of developing a new application. Grocery List management. Going to look sleeker and be more responsive than most other applications out there. It's still in early stages, but I'm hoping to ACTUALLY release this on App World and MobiHand!

Attached is an early teaser shot of the app in action. This is NOT the final look and feel of the app, however.

All custom widgets and drawing code. Going to support a bunch of neat little features that should make shopping a whole lot easier. Also going to (hopefully) work on the Storm, Bold, Tour, new Curve, old Curve, and Pearl.

Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions.
    06-25-09 10:36 AM
    It's always been this way... We dont exactly have dev's out the wazoo like apple does, also thanks to the phones being so locked down it also limits what apps can really be created. Now the whole subject of expensive crappy apps is a whole other subject.
    06-25-09 10:39 AM
    mentalcase87: I am trying to change this for the better. Expect more applications from me in less time, at a lower price, with a higher level of quality.
    06-25-09 10:46 AM
    mentalcase87: I am trying to change this for the better. Expect more applications from me in less time, at a lower price, with a higher level of quality.
    Ah that's good news =) I am not targeting any dev in particular or anything; we lack devs unlike that crapphone. Because of that apps get spit out left and right on that thing, also they are mainly free because they have so much adware installed on them. They also have phones which they can control any part of and that makes it even more appealing to a dev to work on that and make money that way.

But it's great to hear your focused on low priced useful apps and in a timely fashion, I think everyone on here is pretty good at saying I am going to make so and so app and spitting it out within about 2 or 3 weeks.
    06-25-09 10:51 AM
    I'm in the process of developing a new application. Grocery List management. Going to look sleeker and be more responsive than most other applications out there. It's still in early stages, but I'm hoping to ACTUALLY release this on App World and MobiHand!

Attached is an early teaser shot of the app in action. This is NOT the final look and feel of the app, however.

All custom widgets and drawing code. Going to support a bunch of neat little features that should make shopping a whole lot easier. Also going to (hopefully) work on the Storm, Bold, Tour, new Curve, old Curve, and Pearl.

been looking for a good app like this. memopad works fine for now
    06-25-09 11:00 AM
    I'm trying to help out here haha, its when you have a mental block in creativity that the droughts happen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 12:18 PM
    I have a little under 20 applications in the tube that I want to work on. Time is my only restriction!
    06-25-09 12:28 PM
    jlgosse that looks AWESOME!!! i pretty much live at the grocery store lol so i'd be all over an app like that. if you need a beta tester or anything please let me know.
    06-25-09 12:42 PM
    karaz, noted! Also followed you on Twitter.

When it gets near beta time I'll let you give it a test run. I'll also probably give you the final app for free if you review it, tweet it, etc!
    06-25-09 12:56 PM

When it gets near beta time I'll let you give it a test run. I'll also probably give you the final app for free if you review it, tweet it, etc!
    Sounds like an awesome app!
    I'd love to beta test as well.

[email protected] <-- hit me up
    06-25-09 12:59 PM

You can count me in for beta as well, I am about to have to start doing a bunch of shopping so this would come in great use and I pick everything apart so you would get good feedback from me.
    06-25-09 01:35 PM
    Thanks for the follow jlgosse!

Will most definitely review & tweet when it's ready! Always like to get the word out when CB members develop apps!
    06-25-09 01:45 PM
    Go ahead and write some for us.
    I wish I knew how to program/code... I'd be all over it... it seems like it's a pretty good market... I mean, if 1000 people buy one app priced at even 99 cents, that's almost $1000 and probably even more if you give it time to sit in the crackberry store... Not bad for a part time job, or even a full time job depending on how many apps, quality, function you crank out over time... Ahhh... <sigh> I wish I could code.. Can somebody make a mini-golf app...... pleeeeease......?
    06-25-09 04:28 PM
    Get used to it. Development is going to you know what device on that other carrier because rim/vz dropped the ball on our device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 02:46 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/sho...mation-255196/

Updated information on the Shopping List app, for those who were interested previously.

Thanks,

jlgosse
    06-26-09 09:21 AM

Im sorry to say u've been beat to a grocery app

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/mycart-254718/

Sorry man! lol!
    06-26-09 09:31 AM
    Im sorry to say u've been beat to a grocery app

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/mycart-254718/

Sorry man! lol!
    so we cant have two apps doing the same thing then? And just so you know, there are several more out there, its not like yours was the first
    06-26-09 09:38 AM
    so we cant have two apps doing the same thing then? And just so you know, there are several more out there, its not like yours was the first
    dude seriously take it easy �_� i was fooling around! �_� can't people on a forum take a joke?
    06-26-09 09:42 AM
    I'd like to give you a kudos for this, but my app is using almost all custom widgets, backgrounds and icons, and isn't the same as your app. Shopping List Lite is going to be simpler. Hands down. Not to mention more visually satisfying.

That being said, yours looks pretty decent.

I still vote people look out for my app, which will be released in the next few days!
    06-26-09 09:52 AM
    I'd like to give you a kudos for this, but my app is using almost all custom widgets, backgrounds and icons, and isn't the same as your app. Shopping List Lite is going to be simpler. Hands down. Not to mention more visually satisfying.

That being said, yours looks pretty decent.

I still vote people look out for my app, which will be released in the next few days!
    I'm a minimalist but each to its own

I would love to beta test for you also
    06-26-09 09:56 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD