It is now two days that the radar, at least for the NYC area, is not working! Just when you need it most, this feature frequently lets you down! I tried submitting a trouble ticket to Bellshare, but got a message that it's not being monitored by a customer service agent! I love the program, but it often lets you down just when you need it most.
    09-04-10 06:57 AM
    Same here with mine and the wife's BB. Just outside of Pittsburgh PA.
    09-04-10 08:53 AM
    There has been a server outage last night that affected the download of radar images.

We are working on the issue.

Most of the radars should already be back up. Can you access radar now?
    09-04-10 09:28 AM
    working now here is boston.......thanks
    09-04-10 09:32 AM
    Had issues on eastern long island yesterday and still today. Sometimes it goes through but not that often

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 11:36 AM
    How do you actually set this thing up? I'm in Maple Ridge, British Columbia Canada and have no clue as to where to get these maps from.
    09-04-10 11:40 AM
    not sure what u mean.........do u have berryweather?.........if u do, go to the app and at the main section hit the menu button and u will see "radar maps" as an option
    09-04-10 11:43 AM
    Yes, I have berryweather but when i click on radar maps and media there is nothing there. What I'd like to know is how to add an actual radar map for the Vancouver area.
    09-04-10 12:20 PM
    Now back up in NYC. Thanks!
    09-04-10 12:27 PM
    Yes, I have berryweather but when i click on radar maps and media there is nothing there. What I'd like to know is how to add an actual radar map for the Vancouver area.
    First, I believe you have to have the paid version. You must also create your custom radar maps with the variables for your area. After you create your weather map URL, you open the widget where you want to add the map, click the shortcut letter "D", or select "Radar Maps & Media" from the menu, and at the bottom there should be a button that states "New Custom Map/Media". Click on that and you will then get a popup where in the various fields you can name the map, add the map URL that you created, and elect whether to use the internal viewer or browser. Then click add at the bottom. That's it. The biggest part is creating your custom URL for your area map.

Here is a thread to assist you in doing so.

www.bellshare.com • View topic - GPS Tracker Custom Radar/Cams links & How to add them

HTH.
    09-04-10 12:46 PM
    Actually - the radar is down again in NYC! It seems to be down more than its up! And for some reason - it's almost always down when there's a major meteorological event - such as Hurricane Earl!
    09-04-10 01:00 PM
    First, I believe you have to have the paid version. You must also create your custom radar maps with the variables for your area. After you create your weather map URL, you open the widget where you want to add the map, click the shortcut letter "D", or select "Radar Maps & Media" from the menu, and at the bottom there should be a button that states "New Custom Map/Media". Click on that and you will then get a popup where in the various fields you can name the map, add the map URL that you created, and elect whether to use the internal viewer or browser. Then click add at the bottom. That's it. The biggest part is creating your custom URL for your area map.

Here is a thread to assist you in doing so.

www.bellshare.com • View topic - GPS Tracker Custom Radar/Cams links & How to add them

HTH.
    Will give this a try and I do have the paid version, first app I paid for when I got my berry
    09-04-10 01:09 PM
    Actually - the radar is down again in NYC! It seems to be down more than its up! And for some reason - it's almost always down when there's a major meteorological event - such as Hurricane Earl!
    He He-yeah, I can confirm this. It was up just 10 minutes ago for me, and now it's down again. It will be worked out soon on the server side, but I didn't miss it so much when Earl came in because I have a ton of custom maps to fill the void.
    09-04-10 01:09 PM
    totally clueless on how to add radar maps for canada, way above my tech level.
    09-04-10 01:30 PM
    totally clueless on how to add radar maps for canada, way above my tech level.
    Lmao! It is not that hard, so don't be intimidated.
    Think of it as stealing the test paper from the student next to you half way through the exam. Most of the work is done, but for the other half of the test you have to fill in the blanks with information you already know and pertains to you.

When you look at those pages of URL's, look at what is highlighted in red. Those are the only things that have to be tweaked for your use. For me, if it says "Beijing China", I replace that with "NYC USA". For you it would be your Canadian location. Where you see zip codes, you replace those with your zip code. In places you see something like 200 X 150, those are the height you view the maps from and the area it covers (like google maps for PC). These numbers you can probably leave alone, unless you want something closer or farther away, then you just tweak them by intervals of about 10 either way.

The map URL's are basically done, you just have to substitute your own info for "up there" in Canada. Then just copy & paste your finished product into BW.
    09-04-10 01:44 PM
    Radar still not working in the NYC area and its frustrating as all ****.
    Any word on when we can expect full service again?
    09-04-10 04:35 PM
    Still down @ 10:10 PM. This is ridiculous.

09-04-10 09:11 PM
    And STILL no NYC radar at 11:15 AM Sunday!
    09-05-10 10:16 AM
    mine has been down the last two days, takes reloading the radar a few times to get it to work, most of the time i get a black screen,,,,, anyone else only getting a black screen?
    09-05-10 10:27 AM
    In Pittsburgh seems to be working fine now as of abt an hour ago...11 a.m. Spoke to soon.
    Last edited by Nightthumper; 09-09-10 at 05:12 AM.
    09-05-10 10:54 AM
    working fine here in tennessee now
    09-05-10 04:42 PM
    STILL not working here in michigan , been almost three days now WTF !!

09-05-10 07:15 PM
    The maps part of this app is the only reason I didn't buy BerryWeather. That's the most important part of a weather app next to severe weather alerts IMHO. I live in the southeast where we deal with hurricanes from the Gulf of Mexico and tornadic weather during spring/early summer. I drive for a living so when we have severe weather I have to have an app with an active weather map all the way down to street view. For $10 this should have been included in this app as far as I'm concerned. The customization is good but the functionality from that perspective was left hanging. If they update the app to include a good map then I may reconsider it, but until then WeatherBug Elite is my choice.

09-06-10 08:09 AM
    Radar maps haven't been working for me either. I'm in the Milwaukee, WI area. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but that didn't work. Nice to see that it's a server problem and not something on my end. I hope this gets fixed soon.
    09-06-10 10:08 AM
    No maps in NW Iowa either. Both my custom map and the Berryweather map are down.
    09-06-10 03:14 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD