pynt is the best app ever and you can also use telenav, its free with your data plan if you have Sprint
    12-28-10 12:40 PM
    I would suggest that you also delet VZNavigator from your device. VZW will push another icon to your phone when it notices that you don't have the app; however, that is just the download icon and won't cost you anything or take up a bunch of space. You can then hide that icon and all is well.
    How do I delete the app? I think it came with the phone...and after you tell me how to delete this app is this how I can delete others as well?
    12-28-10 06:38 PM
    Options
    Applications
    VZ Navigator
    Menu
    Delete

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 06:42 PM
    Options
    Applications
    VZ Navigator
    Menu
    Delete

It's not there...
    12-28-10 07:00 PM
    If it is not listed there as an APP, then you should be good, but best to call VZW just to be absolutely sure you are not being charged $9.99 per month for something that you don't want or use.

However, it is a good application and my seem expensive, but Garmin, TomTom, etc usually cost at least $100 and you have to pay to update the maps every year. VZNav works great if you need it, you don't have to have another "device" and you get free map updates automatically.
    12-28-10 07:16 PM
    Ok...Thanks and I'll call asap...
    12-28-10 07:20 PM
    If it is not listed there as an APP, then you should be good, but best to call VZW just to be absolutely sure you are not being charged $9.99 per month for something that you don't want or use.

However, it is a good application and my seem expensive, but Garmin, TomTom, etc usually cost at least $100 and you have to pay to update the maps every year. VZNav works great if you need it, you don't have to have another "device" and you get free map updates automatically.
    Agreed. I love VZ Nav. It's my favorite app.

12-28-10 07:40 PM
    Google Maps is the winner!!
    12-28-10 11:20 PM
    Hey! I am truly NOT trying to be a **** but I travel every corner of this great country & THE most dangerous thing ive noticed over the past 6 years is gps!! I drive a 80,000 lb truck & people will cut right over in front of me like I am not there, I can look down in the cars & can see they are reading the gps. People in cars are spoiled into thinking I HAVE to look out for them ( 99% of time I do) but that is changing, my God America & Canada learn to drive. I said my rant so flame me until i smoke but never get in front of me & hit your brakes
    12-29-10 02:57 AM
    Get audible, don't look down.

12-29-10 05:31 AM
    1. You can turn the GPS on and you won't be charged.
    2. Having the GPS on has minimal battery drain, but when its fully active and tracking it may use more battery power to keep a fix. As been suggested before having a micro-usb car charger would be the best thing for you in a vehicle. I never turn off my GPS and it can run my Torch all day with it on.
    12-29-10 09:03 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD