I've been getting a number of calls on a daily basis from debt collectors and I need to know what a good call blocker would be to use. I would like to be able to set up a # to be blocked from my call list and/or call log as well as view the calls that have been blocked. Right now I am using Call Blocker Blacklist Lite, but it only allows me to block up to 5 numbers unless I pay for the Pro version. But before I do I'd like to make sure there isn't something better out there.

So I need something reliable, easy to use, if it has extra features that would be great, but I have to be able to view the calls that have been blocked. Also, I don't much care about price, but the cheaper the better.

Thanks in advance to those who reply!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 10:10 AM
    There is a free call blocker called Mr. Number Call Blocker that you can get in Blackberry App World. It has an global list of spam numbers that will be automatically blocked. You can block entire area codes if needed and can only allow certain numbers to get through. There is an option to send the block numbers to voice mail or to automatically pick up and hang up. There is also a call history that you can view all numbers that call your phone.
    09-06-10 10:23 AM
    Thanks snuggiebug!

I've replaced the call blocker I was using with the one you suggested as it seems to be pretty much the same while only using half the amount of space on my phone. So hopefully it will do the trick.

Thanks again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 11:09 AM
    I use callcontrol pro and am very happy with it.
    Last edited by voltaire64; 09-07-10 at 01:06 PM.
    09-06-10 12:24 PM
    App called Call Control is the the best I have used. There is a lite version and paid version, you can get them both from blackberry app world.
    09-06-10 03:28 PM
    I have Privacy Star and it works great. There is a fee for the service and it is well worth it to me. I don't have a lot of issues but my hours have been cut at work and I do the best I can. I just wish they understood that nothing has changed with my situation and to stop calling me ! I send what I can and that is that. Now I think it is harassment. I never had issues till a yr ago. Life happens and it is really annoying when they say they want to work with you but their "working with you" isn't very workable. HA ! So I just don't talk to them anymore. I am tired of the same old same old and they just don't get it.
    09-06-10 04:00 PM
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions!

I installed Mr. Number CallBlock the other day and maybe twenty minutes later the debt collector called from a different number, which of course got through. So I set it up to block area codes 800 and 866 to see if that would work and sure enough it did. Hopefully they will get tired of having the phone answered and hung up all within a few seconds and give up. Highly doubtful, but I'll be dropping a C&D letter in the mail this week so it won't matter after that LOL!

Thanks again for the suggestions and I will keep them in mind if something goes wrong with Mr. Number :-)
    09-07-10 10:03 AM
    I have Privacy Star and it works great. There is a fee for the service and it is well worth it to me. I don't have a lot of issues but my hours have been cut at work and I do the best I can. I just wish they understood that nothing has changed with my situation and to stop calling me ! I send what I can and that is that. Now I think it is harassment. I never had issues till a yr ago. Life happens and it is really annoying when they say they want to work with you but their "working with you" isn't very workable. HA ! So I just don't talk to them anymore. I am tired of the same old same old and they just don't get it.
    Hi Jude and thank you for your response!

I wanted to reply to you directly because you seem to be having the same issue with debt collections that I am.

Anyway, I'm not sure if you're aware of it or not, but just in case you're not, you should send the agencies a C&D (Cease and Desist) letter. If you do a search on google or any other search engine for an example of one of these letters you should be able to find hundreds if not thousands. Just make sure you are clearly telling them to "Cease and Desist" as well as include that you're making this request under "15 U.S.C. Sec. 1692c of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act". Make sure to send the letter via U.S. Mail with return receipt so you can prove they did in fact receive it because if they continue to contact you afterward, it is a violation of law and they can be fined and even lose the right to collect the debt.

Hope this helps and good luck!
    09-07-10 10:13 AM
    Just thought I would post a quick update to let everyone know how the call blocking is going.

I installed Mr. Number, which is have the blacklisted numbers automatically directed to my voicemail. Nice thing about that is the calls never even ring through, which I love!

From there I'm using a work around I found on here with YouMail Visual Voicemail. I made a group of "blocked" numbers (debt collectors etc) and set the group greeting to the Verizon "this number has been disconnected" recording.

Together these have worked wonders! I don't know how I ever lived without them and the best part is neither cost a dime to use. YouMail took a little messing with to get it completely figured out, but in the end it has been well worth it. So anyone who is having problems with constant unwanted calls, try this out and I guarantee you will be pleased :-)
    09-15-10 11:03 PM
    i downloaded Mr. call block on my 8350 and it bugged out my led light is there a fix for that yet? os 5.0.0.654
    12-03-10 08:04 PM
    unfortunatly, mr.callblocker stinks it bugges out your led light
    12-06-10 04:25 PM
    unfortunatly, mr.callblocker stinks it bugges out your led light
    Check out YouMail Visual Voicemail.

I was using it along with Mr. Number, but quit using it and stick to just YouMail now and I love love LOVE IT! It is kind of a pain to set up at first, but once you've got your contacts in, greetings set for those contacts and even a list of "blocked numbers" (which are instructed to be ditched) its great. Works perfectly every time ;-)

It's hard for me to explain how it works because it has a lot of really nice features, but check it out, I think you will be very pleased. I know I have been. Plus its free to use and if you don't want to take up room on your device with the app, you can opt to have your voicemails emailed to you (which is what I do). So its a win win :-)

Hope this helps!
    12-06-10 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD