Yes, that is so true; if you don't like one of the BerryWeather local stations, and you perceive it to not be accurate, just pick another local station ... there are tons of local stations available on BerryWeather in my area. The one I've selected is extremely accurate.
    07-06-10 10:09 PM
    How is it with Battery drain.

I read a few posts where folks complained about serious battery drain. I am guessing that this person probably had it updating too frequently or something.

And what are the primary diffs between the free and paid version?

I might give this a go instead of WeatherEye, which I have been using forever........
    07-14-10 10:35 AM
    How is it with Battery drain.

I read a few posts where folks complained about serious battery drain. I am guessing that this person probably had it updating too frequently or something.
    That would be my guess. There's 11 options for updating. Most frequent is 15 minutes. Least is Manual or 24 hours.

And what are the primary diffs between the free and paid version?
    Here are the differences: BlackBerry App World - BeWeather Free
    07-14-10 12:04 PM
    BerryWeather
    07-14-10 12:22 PM
    Thanks. What do most folks have the update set at?

For Ubertwitter, I use either 10 or 15 minutes. I would think something along that line would be sufficient for good updating without overtaxing the battery.

Interestingly, I can only see the Free one in Appworld and not in the CBerry Superstore. I like making my purchases from the Superstore and using Appworld for my freebies.

Thus, I'll grab/try the BeWeather Free from Appworld, and if I like it, which I probably will, and see a deal on the Full, I'll grab that from the Superstore.
    07-14-10 12:29 PM
    Ok, I'm a convert.

I have downloaded the free version and completely deleted WeatherEye off of my Bold. Works so much better for me. I may still get the paid version with the right deal, but the free version is just much more visually appealing to me, even with just the information it provides as opposed to the pay.

Thanks!

ETA: So is 1 hour updating too frequent that it causes significant battery drain? And so some folks always leave it on manual? Enquiring minds want to know.
    07-14-10 01:14 PM
    Na, I am using the GPS every 30 minutes and don't notice any difference from 1 hour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 01:36 PM
    Ah, that must be the paid version...the lowest I see in the free version (other than manual) is 1 hour.
    07-14-10 01:46 PM
    Well, where does berry wx get it's info.... do they have their own weather bureau?
    07-14-10 02:05 PM
    Well, where does berry wx get it's info.... do they have their own weather bureau?
    Weather Data:
    - New weather source: WeatherUnderground.com
    07-14-10 07:21 PM
    Mine updates 5 cities every 15 mins.
    Most of the time I'm connected to WiFi.

I'm not having any battery drain issues w/BW.

Good Luck
    07-14-10 08:33 PM
    I used to have weatherbug but I recently got the weather channel app and its free and works great.

07-14-10 10:51 PM
    Using the free version until I can find it on sale as well right now, can you change location of the weather in the free version? Mine grabs it from across town, and it's always WAY off, by a good 10 - 15 degrees and it'll say cloudy when it's clear as day out, just having been updated as well. And by across town, I mean like 3 miles.
    07-14-10 11:04 PM
    See if it is set for cell tower first with gps backup. I have mine set for gps first and cell tower as backup. After that you have to "add current location". If you set it to "add location" it will not update as you move around i.e. It will not say in dallas vs pittsburgh but always dallas.

This may not be in the free version.

07-15-10 12:09 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD