I am currently using Where for getting movie info. It works very well, but it would be cool to have one that shows movie trailers and maybe have the ability to make online purchases.

I saw an Iphone ad last night that showed some app that does this.

I did play with Poynt, and it was okay but it didn't work if it could pick up my GPS signal. I was in a mall and wanted to lookup movie times. I had to go outside for Poynt to pick up my GPS signal....that's lame!
    Last edited by TurboCam; 05-29-09 at 04:24 PM.
    05-29-09 04:20 PM
    The best app for movies is...blackberry browser.
    Easiest way is to bookmark mobile google movie times. Works for me and its efficient.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 05:48 PM
    Fandango is a good site too. Opera would be best for that site though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 05:58 PM
    Poynt is the best and it has trailers and even Yellow Pages.
    From your phone go to: m.mypoynt.com
    05-29-09 05:59 PM
    Poynt is the best and it has trailers and even Yellow Pages.
    From your phone go to: m.mypoynt.com
    +1...i use the app
    05-29-09 06:39 PM
    I did play with Poynt, and it was okay but it didn't work if it could pick up my GPS signal. I was in a mall and wanted to lookup movie times. I had to go outside for Poynt to pick up my GPS signal....that's lame!
    You may have an old version, download the newest version at Poynt download for BlackBerry. If your GPS signal can't be located because you are indoors, the app should default to Cellsite location which should be accurate enough to pick up a local theater. In a addition, you can always set the location to an address, zip or landmark as a 3rd option.
    05-31-09 09:52 AM
    Was reading this thread and decided to run poynt which I had for sometime, but never used. As it was "seraching for GPS" my Stome spontaneously rebooted. May not be related, but that's the first that has happened in months... rum=nning .148/5.0 from lyrcidal.
    05-31-09 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD